Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: How you can contribute to WCS development

1. Default

To minimize code and make it easier to read the mathematical function itself will be a stock function.

2. Default

Also I now wish that math class taught you how to create a formula from some numbers to do something rather than give you formulas. B/c it takes a really long time to figure out math via trial and error.

3. Default

So before we had this:
    Global Vars
    Code:
    new Float:IronBaseChance = 0.05;
    new Float:IronChanceMult = 0.01;
    In program:
    Code:
    if(Math_GetRandomFloat(0.0,1.0)<=IronBaseChance + (skill_level*IronChanceMult))
    Now we have this:

Global Function
    Code:
    public Float:IronChance(currentLevel)
    {
        return AbilityValue(0.05, 0.25, RaceLevels, currentLevel);
    }
    In Program
    Code:
    if(Math_GetRandomFloat(0.0,1.0)<=IronChance(skill_level))

4. Default

Can I please get another save of the irontest.vtf but with minimaps turned off. This will reduce the file size by about 1MB and allow me to scale the image dynamically in the program.

5. Default

Sure! I'm about to pass out but let me see if I can do it before that happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I can't tonight. GF is sleepin and the files are on my desktop. I'll have her send them up and change it for you tomorrow! Sorry about the delay.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

6. Default

No Problem

7. Default

I have added some posts to the Crypt Lord thread showing changes made to that race over the original. Think of it as an explanation for the entire code system that I use for the races and why they are reprogrammed from scratch to meet it.