Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [UPDATE|ZE] entWatch 3.0.3 (edited)

Quote Originally Posted by FearLess View Post
    awesome work Anex. much appreciated. Now all we need is a plugin to tele or push back edgers
    Hey now, don't forget about them doorhumpers.

2. Default

public Action:OnTouch(client, door)
    {
    if (people_number == 5 && door == any)
    {
    FakeClientCommand(client,"kill")
    }
    }

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    public Action:OnTouch(client, door)
    {
    if (people_number == 5 && door == any)
    {
    FakeClientCommand(client,"kill")
    }
    }

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Love it. When can we expect it?
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

4. Default

Now that i read the actual full source code I see why it was lagging.

What might be a better idea is to only hook the objects themselves and then it will only trigger when an ent touches them and there is always less of them than players. So rather than what every player is touching and then if they are touching a banned item. It would be less cost to hook the restricted item instead. Likewise you could also try to only hook players who are actually restricted.

Second clients needs a validy check before being used in any arrays to ensure that it is indeed a valid client and not some random entity for example which would cause an arrayindex out of bounds error.

Another temp and faster solution may be to check if a user has a restrected item and then force them to drop it. You could run the check every 1 second or something or implement it as a delay after they get the item. For example the plugin already knows when a user gets an item and if that user is supposed to be restricted so if they were restrected you could start a 1 second timer to make the user drop the item. This would then allow an unrestricted user to pick it up.

5. Default

Ok, so I reworked it so sdkhooks only get attached to banned people and get unhooked when they are unbanned. So this should stop the constant checking which was causing lag. Zero would you take a look at it and tell me what you think?
    Attached Files

6. Default

Hey Zero, heres an unofficial update to the entwatch system, made by an alliedmodder.
    https://forums.alliedmods.net/attach...3&d=1406859664
    This version allows the use of temporary entity bans, AND prevents items from disappearing on harry potter if a banned person picks up a wand.

7. Default

Luxina that is mine. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I go by drummer1249 on sourcemods.

That version is bad because its sdk checks are messed up. The Tempban thing works though but the sdkhooks causing the lag was the major issue.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Ok, so I reworked it so sdkhooks only get attached to banned people and get unhooked when they are unbanned. So this should stop the constant checking which was causing lag. Zero would you take a look at it and tell me what you think?
    The rar file you attached is empty.

9. Default

Whoops, sorry. What happened was I made the rar and then realized I forgot to put in a line of code and remade the rar and then blanked on putting it in. -.-

Here it is.

Places to note are the code on lines (The lines that deal with SDKhook)

235-257

262-303

835-858

863-888

893-901

975-998

It works on my test server fine. The only problem that has plagued this is the SDKHook_Touch which causes lag. I think that if the SDKHook is only registered to people who are banned, then we should be fine? Or maybe the lines 262-303 could be reworked?
    Attached Files

10. Default

With your code it is possible for a client to have SDKHook_Touch more than once. This can create a serious lag issue. Clients should only be hooked a single time. For example what if both G_bRestricted and G_bTemp are true?