Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse: Political Tides Open Game

1. Default

Game ending Fool is an amazing tool IF it's known beforehand. It's a non-broken third party with a fairly easy win con. It makes claiming more interesting. It force both sides to play intelligently before lynching. Oh I think I see the problem now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

2. Default

The point of this is to have fun and ending a game early because of a Mislynch on a Fool isn't fun, and continuing the game after lynching the Fool defeats the whole purpose of the role. It's a fucking waste. Period. I'd rather have Cult than a fool.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

3. Default

The same can be said for any number of things, a N0 kill for example. It's also why I specified a known fool. An unknown fool ending a game comes from left field. Losing to a known fool means you got outplayed. Exactly like any other mislynch. The main difference is even scum are susceptible to this mislynch.

But, put simply, if people don't like it, avoid games with it, or avoid running games with it.
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    or avoid running games with it.
    That's what we're saying.

How is a nokill at night comparable to a game ending to a Fool lynch or a Fool being in play at all? Nokills are viable strategies for Maf to paint a target on a Townies back if they play it right.

5. Default

N0 = Night 0 = night start game.

6. Default

Night starts are the best what are you talkin?!

7. Default

Night start, especially in a non full power game, usually leaves with at least one person who signed up not getting to do anything. Possibly one action that will often have done nothing. As you said "The point of this is to have fun" so, can you tell me how someone who doesn't even get to make 2 posts before they are dead "fun"? What's fun for one person isn't for the next, so why limit options?

As a note, I'm not saying I don't like N0 start. I'd be lying if I said this game was enjoyable in the slightest. But I'd play it again. Because the thing about games ending is you can always start another.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Night start, especially in a non full power game, usually leaves with at least one person who signed up not getting to do anything. Possibly one action that will often have done nothing. As you said "The point of this is to have fun" so, can you tell me how someone who doesn't even get to make 2 posts before they are dead "fun"? What's fun for one person isn't for the next, so why limit options?

As a note, I'm not saying I don't like N0 start. I'd be lying if I said this game was enjoyable in the slightest. But I'd play it again. Because the thing about games ending is you can always start another.
    you could always host a goodie two shoe game where everyone is vt and the mafia cant kill at night. Im sure everyone would get plenty of time to participate. it would be a blast.
    People get N1'd Its impossible to avoid... its part of the game.
    Personal reform

9. Default

The problem with a n0 death in a game of this setup is that it fucks town. No protective roles, no killing roles for town. 7 pro-town, 4 pro-mafia, 1 third party (I realize this adds up to 12 roles and we had 11 players, ask Mikey about that) means on day 1, it's already 6v4v1, and mafia gets a sure kill every night. That makes every day effectively MYLO. I dunno that just doesn't work for me.

But yeah Mikey, 12 roles listed and 11 names? What gives?

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

10. Default

Blackmage was the final name. Idk why he didn't add him to the list.

That being said, this setup is meant to be QUICK. Quit bitching faggots. Quick games are so much better than month long drawn out pieces of shit.