• Love it!

1 33.33%
  • Hate it!

1 33.33%
  • Doable but needs work, and here is why:

1 33.33%

Thread: Moba

1. Default Moba

So since Sin requested, I'll go ahead and post my idea. He is probably just wants to flame the shit out of me though.

We turn the WCS server into a MOBA style WCS server.

Here is how:
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Each race has 18 levels
    There can only be 1 person of each race per team
    The first minute of each map is a 'warm up round' when teams can confer and pick their race.
    Races are then locked in.
    Each person starts at level 1. Math would have to be done to figure out the amount of assists or kills per level, but after 20 to 25 minutes everyone should be maxed (as long as the teams are not horridly one sided)
    At the end of the map, everyone's xp is added to their personal total xp which would be used to unlock different races.

People that join mid game should be instantly changed to 'no race' and have 1 minute to pick their race.

Items should be kept the same except for Tome of Experience. Tomes should instantly gain the next level and cost 2000 x level to be gained.
    __________________________________________________ ______

Feel free to post thoughts, but please keep it at least construable as constructive >_>
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

2. Default

Won't work when you require and entire team to work together, this isn't a scrim type of mod.
    Second, when people leave or join later as they often do, the thing is borked, and again emphasizes the almost comp/scrim nature to such a set up.
    Third, completely destroys what the mod was supposed to be, but since its already been bastardized beyond recognition, this is a minor point.

Mainly it requires too much cooperation and commitment to remaining in the server, on the same team, not leaving during a map, not joining during a map.

Also, you're fat.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

3. Default

This is actually how WCS was when it started (as wc3 mod) on 1.5/1.6. There were only the original 4 races though. Human, night elf, orc, and undead. It wasn't until later when servers started adding their own customization and started "saving xp" that all these new races started popping up. It was called superhero mod back then too.

Anyway, point is, this could work and has worked in the past it'd still require a reset to make things interesting again for the older players who are just bored of the mod in general, but let's be honest. CS:S is dying. Zero make a CS:GO WCS mod and start from scratch. It'll be fun for everyone again, including you!

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

I know lua bb I can help with the transferzzz.
    Personal reform

5. Default

Except it is in pawn which is not similar to lua in any way.

6. Default

Also note that the reconnect issue is not a problem that is just dumb programing. Just for reference.