Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please remove the admin override for voice chat

1. Default Please remove the admin override for voice chat

Some of us concentrate and enjoy not hearing everyone talk. I have been playing on IBIS gun game server for 3 years at the least and now I am second guessing my decision based on not being able to mute admins. I enjoy playing with no voice what so ever. now I'm stuck with admins shouting shit at each other and not being able to turn it off and very disappointed.

2. Default

wait what Voice enable 0 doesnt affect admins? News to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

?
    You do realize, ZERO enabled the !sm (!selfmute) option. Where you can mute any player in the game by typing in the players name.
    E.X: !sm wheaties

4. Default

did not work for me. i had to suffer through listening to mic spamming newbie ibis A. I did tpye !sm newbie with no avail still had to listen to his annoying ass.

5. Default

Did you try typing in !sm and a menu pop up?

6. Default

no no menu came up was not aware one was supposed to? sorry i just realized it was supposed to be typed in chat and not in console. my bad. but still annoying that not everyone's muted. seems like only admin are excused from steam options mute. especially when admins are talking/trolling more than anyone else by far.

7. Default

btw newbie IBIS A's response to how to mute chat where things like fuck this guy and fucking bitch ass and what not. he in no way helped. It was a reg user that said to !sm newbie. IE why i did not know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    E.X: !sm wheaties
    The most used command in all of ibis history.
    Personal reform

9. Default

would be nice if admins informed people of it when asked instead of harassing them

10. Default

Thanks again to all the responses, I know now that I can !sm in chat to mute an individual that is some how ignored by my own voice chat, but if it was not clear in my last message, I was not talking about Phil or any other admin they are all cool people. My issue was that I asked in chat 3 times over the course of 5 min and the only person I could hear was newbie IBIS A (the only admin in the GG I was playing) and he repeatedly told me to fuck off or suck a dick or similar things until a person typed !SM Newbie, I did that in console not knowing whats up. Sorry for any confusion as i was confused as well. Again this all could have been avoided if Newbie IBIS A would have just said this from the beginning.