Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: I guess [K K K] is not accepted anymore?

1. Default

No, Zero needs to see all of this.

Also, prodigy, you may want to check the server right now...you have some work to do.

2. Default

That's the thing, Zero can't be here 24/7, we have to take action against people who are causing trouble for no good reason. Unfortunately this time it is an admin with nothing better to do then come in for 2 minutes and ban 3 regulars and leave. If Zero is upset with what I've done by unbanning Mitch then I'm truly sorry, but from the knowledge I obtained here, it was the right thing to do.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    That's the thing, Zero can't be here 24/7, we have to take action against people who are causing trouble for no good reason. Unfortunately this time it is an admin with nothing better to do then come in for 2 minutes and ban 3 regulars and leave. If Zero is upset with what I've done by unbanning Mitch then I'm truly sorry, but from the knowledge I obtained here, it was the right thing to do.
    It was the right thing to do so Mitch can make his plead on behalf of the gang.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    Polls will not help in the forums as it will be heavily biased. The true test is to go in the server and poll it there. Even so, I think would be biased, but it would be less than going to the forums, though I would suspect both methods would yield the same answers.

Having the Kool Kats Klan is illegal because it shares the same acronym as Ku Klux Klan? I suppose it would be alright if someone else's tag like [N S D] (which stands for Niggers Should Die - I apologize for any disrespect but my intentions are not) would be acceptable because it is not known. Let's face it, no one will question [N S D] because everyone assumes it's something innocent. However, slap on [K K K] and get banned because everyone assumes it's a white supremist group.

Also, suppose if 5-10 people in the game had the tag, you would have no problem banning them at all.

Just something to think about.

This was prior to the release of L4D

Hobo is right on that, I mean there are so many possibilities of a clans acronyms being racist, but we don't know but when the well known "KKK" comes they automatically think Ku Kawks Klan or however it's spelt, (really worn out) even though it's clearly not, I've seen 20 other KKK clans, none of them involving the hatred of black people.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    No, Zero needs to see all of this.

Also, prodigy, you may want to check the server right now...you have some work to do.
    Lol he said "No," like his opinion actually mattered. Im closing this until zero can check it out.
    -MBP

6. Default

The only person who has done anything wrong is deprodigy. Deprodigy, you can not just start banning people for no reason, you can also not just start mass banning people for no reason. In case you forgot every admin that has mass banned on one of the servers has been banned.

Now as for the [KKK] tag, if it is that offensive then a public thread should be made to discuss the matter. I do not see that it violates any of the rules but if it is being that big of a problem lets have an open discussion about it so that we can all come to an understanding. Maybe in the end we will all agree it is ok, or maybe we will find a way to change the tag to make it less offensive.

7. Default

Also, I have unbanned you.