Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Appropiate Ban Methods

1. Default Appropiate Ban Methods

I caught Papi.Racist exploiting on ze_Icehold_b2. I wanted to pull up a demo of this via SourceTV. I saved the dem file to my pc of the file recorded from server.

I asked Papi why I shouldn't issue a temp ban in his defense. He immediately logged to avoid temp-ban.

Racist has been well known for exploiting/glitching. On Mirrors edge he triggers early nuke, Using exploits to gain points & rank, etc.

My questions are:

the sm_ban command, is every digit an hour? example: sm_ban boob 1000 (1000hrs?)

can the sm_ban command be executed via someones steam id if they try to log avoid? example: sm_ban STEAM:1:7:0979879 (bantime)

where is the appropriate section to file a ban report?

2. Default

From how I read the rules, this would be in violation of general rule V.1.B.a or some variation of rule V.1.

This is simply a kick worthy violation. That said, you should post it where ever admins do for documentation (or give him a 1 second ban for it). This way, next time you catch him you can slap him with a ban since he knows better.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/for...ay.php/6-Rules

Found this by quickly parsing through the general server rules and ZM rules, both stickied at the link above.

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked his ban history and he does have history abusing in this way. I'm not sure if admins have a super secret forum for themselves but if not, you should post this HERE. Be sure to read the STICKY first and follow the format!
    Last edited by Passarelli; 09-27-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

3. Default

Who are you again? I've never seen you before.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hoshiro- View Post
    Who are you again? I've never seen you before.
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm_stats/player.php?id=175977
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

5. Default

vote pass

i was just going to congratulate him for trying to ban racist

Leaving the server to avoid a ban does nothing; I'm sure he's aware of this.
    You can type '/admin', goto 'players' and select 'ban disconnect player' and he'll appear there if he's disconnected.

Where is this demo you mentioned? You said you had it but you haven't uploaded it.
    Edit (Demo): %22exploit%22.dem

I just finished watching the demo and all throughout I was wonder what you were talking about as far as an exploit. As far as I'm aware, using the ladder that drops from its originally unclimbable position is fine, since it's set to drop at a certain point in time (for example, with 2 minutes left in the round). I think the issue was more a lack of defending a newly opened entrance than an exploit. His leaving the server was probably because he didn't want to play the next map, seeing as the map ended and he didn't simply disconnect (unless he disconnected on the next map?); regardless, I don't think he was trying to avoid a ban, nor do I think he 'exploited' anything on that map.
    Last edited by I'm a zambi; 09-28-2014 at 02:31 PM.

7. Default

LMFAO @ the ladder being an exploit. Also, I have this dumbfuck locally muted so I can't hear a word he says on mic, thank god.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by † ØblivioΩ † View Post
    I caught Papi.Racist exploiting on ze_Icehold_b2.
    What exploit are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by † ØblivioΩ † View Post
    I asked Papi why I shouldn't issue a temp ban in his defense. He immediately logged to avoid temp-ban.
    Racist has been well known for exploiting/glitching. On Mirrors edge he triggers early nuke, Using exploits to gain points & rank, etc.
    Although racist is a rank whore and a slut, Racists know's an admin can ban a disconnected player anytime (if it's just minutes from disconnecting, or from days), so I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one on you.

You can always ban someone after they disconnected via sourcebans.
    I'd like to see this demo.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    What exploit are you talking about?
    There is a ladder on the side of the building that automatically drops down providing quick access to the ski lifts about a minute after the doors have opened. That's this idiot's "exploit". Of course, he thinks the skybox in icecap v3 is an exploit too so he's clearly not that bright.

Although racist is a rank whore and a slut, Racists know's an admin can ban a disconnected player anytime (if it's just minutes from disconnecting, or from days), so I don't think he's trying to pull a fast one on you.
    Like I said, I've had him muted locally forever because he's obnoxious and stupid. I can't hear a word he says on the mic.

10. Default

Can we just ban racist anyways cause he's an big fagit.