Thread: Just a suggestion,

1. Default Just a suggestion,

For the zombie mod server, I think everything would run smooth if the nominate list had more than 7 maps. Like give us expanded selection, because the maps on the nominate list get quite boring after a couple hundred times.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    For the zombie mod server, I think everything would run smooth if the nominate list had more than 7 maps. Like give us expanded selection, because the maps on the nominate list get quite boring after a couple hundred times.
    The admin has the option to put up more map selections for votes.

3. Default

Yeah, but when there are no admins on, and we want to go to a different map, the nomination list only has 7 over played maps. That's what I'm saying.

4. Default

Yeah, but when there are no admins on, and we want to go to a different map, the nomination list only has 7 over played maps. That's what I'm saying.
    do you know what you would like added?

5. Default

No, but I really wouldn't care, just some more options, like maybe 2 more pages.

6. Default

No, but I really wouldn't care, just some more options, like maybe 2 more pages.
    You really want to include the maps (a few... not the huge lists some people ask for) that you want added when you make a suggestion like that. Simply asking for more maps makes Zero have to figure out what to add. That's more work on him and you might not like the ones he chooses. Less work/time that Zero has to put into it results in a greater chance of it happening in a timely manner. I think people tend to forget that he's got his own life and time commitments to deal with... he can't be like "o, they want this done. Let me spend a few hours right now figuring it out." (Um... and sorry Zero for putting words in your mouth It's just something I see a lot of on the forums)

Plus, doing that additional work makes a suggestion/request sound less whiny.

7. Default

I have added 3 of those maps now. I can not edit the way the votes work until later next week, as that change takes a lot more time to make.

8. Default

Believe you me. I can tell you having a map change where there would be more than 1 page will just be useless as people will most likely choose 1,2,3 or a specified number by someone who keeps repeating that number in text and/or voice chat. Also note people only have a short amount of time to browse through map lists. I could tell you the ideal solution to all of that but it will require tremendous amount of effort in Zero's part.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    Believe you me. I can tell you having a map change where there would be more than 1 page will just be useless as people will most likely choose 1,2,3 or a specified number by someone who keeps repeating that number in text and/or voice chat. Also note people only have a short amount of time to browse through map lists. I could tell you the ideal solution to all of that but it will require tremendous amount of effort in Zero's part.
    Isn't it possible you can put up to 7 or 8 maps in a vote?

Even that would be an improvement.

If you would like more map ideas Zero I can look for some. There are some pretty cool maps available.