Thread: whoever banned me

1. Default whoever banned me

Admin's INGAME name: No idea, maybe pat?
    You're INGAME name: Janssen
    Server: CSS pub gg
    Map: watermaze
    Date & Time: whenever this is posted

How did he/she abuse (See TOS): banning me for hacking or something

apparently i was banned for hacking. whoever did the banning didn't do a very good job though as that demo could not have been conclusive at all. anyway a couple of people in the server were whining about me hacking since i was playing well and made a few sick scout no scopes but other than that nothing was out of the ordinary. i've played here for at least 4 months with no complaints and then one day because i'm playing well i get banned because people can't possibly understand a good player being in the server. what about guys like loveglove or the other 2.00 kdr guys? i mean i seriously want whoever banned me to provide a demo because that was just utterly ridiculous. that was a collective hate mongering on me and i guess the admin felt obliged to appease the crowd. i love playing on this server and if it would be a damn shame to be banned for something as silly as that. this is the first time i've ever actually been banned for hacking, i'm still in disbelief

STEAM_0:1:91029594

2. Default

You were banned from lord nightmare for aimbot... For a total of 4 hours.
    We'll have to wait till nightmare makes a ban thread on you, then clan or my fellow ULA will review the case and see if you are or are not hacking.

3. Default

It has nothing to do with you " doing well " for the first time.

It was the opinion of 2-3 admins and 2 well known regulars. A demo was taken and it will be posted shortly - it was a 4 hour ban not because crowds were being appeased. You were doing rediculous 26/3 and 4 people came to a conclusion - if its said you weren't then I will gladly admit being wrong and issue an appology. Until that time I feel i have done the right thing for the community, so until the time till the decision has been reached - I am sorry for the inconvience. Worst case senario take it as a compliment

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nitemare View Post

It was the opinion of 2-3 admins and 2 well known regulars. A demo was taken and it will be posted shortly - it was a 4 hour ban not because crowds were being appeased. You were doing rediculous 26/3 and 4 people came to a conclusion - if its said you weren't then I will gladly admit being wrong and issue an appology. Until that time I feel i have done the right thing for the community, so until the time till the decision has been reached - I am sorry for the inconvience. Worst case senario take it as a compliment
    lol i finished 26-5 and then on the very next map i was like 25-20 but whatever, as long as people take a look at it im fine with this, i have nothing to hide.

5. Default

Lord nightmare -- like I said on stream, make all suspected hacker bans 1 month. Reason being, ULA or clan may be busy with RL stuff where we cannot view demos in 4 hours. That's why we make it a month. Also, if pat is posting up, pat should have made the ban. Regardless, he is making it.

Jan - yes, I can assure you your case will be reviewed. IBIS has a very good banning structure as one vote is accountable for another.

Lastly, is this an abuse thread? Or are you looking to be unbanned? This should be in the unban section.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nitemare View Post

Next time suspected hackers are supposed the be banned for 1 month. And 2-3 admins? Are you not sure how many admins agreed?

- - - Updated - - -

Dammit Phil you posted while I was writing :/

7. Default

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...M_0-1-91029594

Ban thread created. if the ban time isn't increased past 4 hours by time I get off work, ill reban for 1 month.

8. Default

As promised I appologize for the ban - I wanted to make sure, i am newer to trying to catch these things, great job with the b2b wins. See you in the servers

9. Default

Admin banning a suspected hacker of hacking is not abuse, even if the admin in question made the wrong call.

This should have been a unban request.

No abuse found, resolved, closed.

Maynard - The WCS Guy