Thread: Note about all plugins currently in testing

1. Arrow Note about all plugins currently in testing

If no errors or balance change requests are placed in the next 48 hours ALL PROGRAMS CURRENTLY ON THE TEST SERVER WILL GO LIVE.

The list of plugins is below:
    • Alchemist *
    • Noob Shield (only activates when player has <50 total levels and opponent has >50 total levels. Gives 2% chance for every 1 level of difference between those users current races to evade ability dmg)
    • Blood Mage
    • Shadow Hunter
    • Warden
    • Crypt Lord *
    • Archmage Proudmoore
    • Flame Predator
    • Molecule
    • Genocide
    • Spider Man
    • War3Source - Addon - Armor (my special plugin that tracks and maintains armor values for clients who's armor goes above 125 races marked with * currently use the related code)

These 12 plugins are ready to be released and just need final confirmation that they are ready for the live server.

2. Default

The bomb no longer does ANY damage when it explodes. Is this intentional? Or some update to CS:S that I missed?

Edit: The fire the bomb causes DOES hurt still.

Edit 2: All fixed, other bugs fixed. When the server crashed, I took that as a sign to sleep. Keep up the awesome work.
    Last edited by Blackmage; 10-27-2014 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

3. Default

I found a possible cause of the crash or at min a great performance increase. Currently whenever any user gets XP there is a loop that runs for each individual xp. You get the idea that this loop runs basically all the time and eats a lot of performance. I have moved 4 method calls outside of the loop. As a result the loop no longer makes any api calls. This reduces the total strain on the WCS server in the event of a tome perchance for example by 400 times. Given that some of these were heavy string and variable creations the improvements in performance and error handling should be dramatic.

4. Default

Right now I am just finishing up a new program to show users info about races as a helper function. This will make it easier for new users to understand what is going on and learn about different races. I plan to release this program with all the races and other changes. Hopefully tonight.

5. Default

OK the system is complete and you can see race info now. The next step is to try to design a way to make it so a user can easily get more info about a given race that they are currently viewing.

6. Default

OK now thanks to the !moreinfo command you can quickly view the details of a races abilities in chat.