Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The most aswome thing you can not buy!

1. Arrow The most aswome thing you can not buy!

This is everything the segway was supposed to be:

http://scarpar.com/

32MPH
    20MI on one tank
    2-3G$

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Last edited by ZERO; 04-11-2009 at 01:23 PM.

2. Default

Looks to expensive and fragile to take seriously. Like riders want something that can be beat up and replaced easily.
    -MBP

3. Default

Fragile? I can not imagine that thing breaking, the real breakthrough is in the engine and gear designs. It can also support over 250lbs! I think it has great potential for military use, especially for future droids! Or even as a means to rapidly deploy reinforcements to an area. Great also for preforming patrols too! I really think this thing is incredible if it had existed a year ago I would be using it to get to my car instead of waiting for the bus!

4. Default

Never seen this before today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJJQ0zNNOM
    -MBP

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I think it has great potential for military use, especially for future droids! Or even as a means to rapidly deploy reinforcements to an area. Great also for preforming patrols too!
    I don't know much about future droids, but I doubt any soldier in his right mind would take this thing into a combat zone. From what I saw, the guy riding it looked like he had to give a fair bit a concentration to keep on it. So that takes away from the attention he's paying to his surroundings. Add in his overall vulnerability to... well, anything that his armor won't stop and you may as well just be on foot. Plus, when you take into account that many of the patrol casualties are caused by IED's, you have to consider how much safer it would be to stay inside an armored Humvee.
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

6. Default

holy crap id buy it right now... if its less then 500 dollars that is..

7. Default

I don't think zero means right now put it into military action, but with some further development a personal patrol vehicle may be used.
    -MBP

8. Default

I was thinking more for inside bases and such, basically to replace the soldiers actually walking. Also that is because in the video he is going 32mph though woods so that it a bit different. Image if the control could be wireless and attached to your gun. You could use it for so many different things. Toss a camera on it and you could use to scout down the street really fast, or lets say your unit gets separated and you need to transfer equipment across a street or something. It could be too far to throw but you could use this to send it over. Lets say you have two squads of infantry one needs support but the second is quite far away, with this they could catch up faster verses running and use less energy. Also if you start taking fire there could be a way to jump off it and then roll into some cover. I think that in its present state it could server more supporting roles to help mobilize ground troops that lack vehicles faster. But who knows, maybe in the future it could even act as a high speed delivery system for supplies

9. Default

or they can server as civilian mobile vehicles // i can actually imagine going through the mall with this

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    or they can server as civilian mobile vehicles // i can actually imagine going through the mall with this
    I'll go ballistic if that happens. I can barely contain the urge to run over those mopeds and scooters.