View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero disables op races at less than 5v5?

4 44.44%
  • Zero gives us a voteban on races at less than 5v5

0 0%
  • LET ME FUCKING BAN THOSE FUCKING FAGGOTS for killing the server

2 22.22%
  • What's the point. Give up. It's dead, Jim.

3 33.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WCS is dead for a fucking reason.

1. Default

I dont really play op races usually, and I find I keep being to the only player on my team getting kills. Though the other side is usually ronnie and rawr since they always pick T. I think race ban is a bad idea since people are training those races.

im finding alot of people just are not very good at css any more, You have such a huge skill divide, you have newbs and dedicated css players like me who never went over to Go. Mid tier players all moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

2. Default

I agree with you in part Stars. I didn't have trouble getting kills, but the same complaints were there from other players. When I got on there were 10 people.. in 30 minutes it was back to 4. If the problem is "population" we need to figure out how to solve that problem first and then try to bring back some of the functionality that was taken away. Get new players in.. get them used to the races and then slowly ease back on the restrictions.

I recently joined the server myself, after seeing this thread, and I'm going to have to agree with Stars.

There is definitely a skill gap (that I am on the lower end of), that was very apparent outside of zmod (which I'm usually playing, if I'm playing anything on CS:S). Usually when I play, I play to hit, not to kill, and I'm more used to having multiple targets than a single one, so keeping fire on one enemy is difficult for me and more often than not (I can't recall a single time) when I was alone against two or more people, my team lost. That's just me being bad (and having just joined, not having ability levels), and I can accept that.

On the other hand, I know that there were many instances where I took too long to kill the other team and ended up being set on fire, which severely hindered my ability to hear or see anything (I think this was the alchemist race). I don't really know anything about WCS or warcraft in general at all, so I don't know if these races are over-powered or just standard difficulty but as a new player, I found that my kdr was about between about 0.15 and 0.2 and it was pretty difficult. I don't know if that's something that gets easier as you level your abilities or races or if I'm just terrible. I will say that the extra health helped, but I don't know that I was given enough some times, and the 'noob shield' was well implemented. I noticed that it blocked out a lot of the damage I was taking from the fire.

Overall, even though I sucked at everything, playing on the server was still fun. The warcraft part is a nice twist on CS:S and I enjoyed playing with Rawr and Yoshi (the other names slip my mind). I honestly don't know whether or not I would try it again; maybe if zmod's on a shitty map and there are a few people on the WCS server.

4. Default

perfect fix: Perma Ban Cyber and cut back to original races.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a zambi View Post
    Overall, even though I sucked at everything, playing on the server was still fun. The warcraft part is a nice twist on CS:S and I enjoyed playing with Rawr and Yoshi (the other names slip my mind). I honestly don't know whether or not I would try it again; maybe if zmod's on a shitty map and there are a few people on the WCS server.
    You should play again, i enjoyed making you my bitch

6. Default

well i did also limit it t only 50% of what I posted based on earlier results. But yea that by itself will not be enough.

I played awhile ago under a different name on my main account, and had no issues holding at least an 8vs8 at the time for the next like 3 maps. I joined when it was some de_rats map (bombsite in middle of map on 2nd shelf, has a computer, a PS2? and some other noteable things on it). Noticed CTs were getting rushed hard at spawn, so I did two things - played vagalion, and played CT.

I think people are getting lazy to learn while people who play it normally just try and literally punish the crap outta them for even wanting to play the mod, even if they are just leveling casually. I'm not saying to NOT go all out like that, but when you get stabbed multiple times by me, wouldn't you expect to learn to NOT rush the damn spawn? I don't care if you buy a lace; big maps = I ain't getting stuck. Especially if I haven't played in awhile because I can't play as close to players like I used to, rather I can still long-range tele-knife somebody's face off.

The only thing we as players can really enforce is attempting to create change. Instead we decide to do the opposite, stay the same and create chaos. People wonder why Masskid decide to play Panorama or I play Genocide in order to create what we see as "balance". Whores like kills. We like watching them run out of bullets. You gotta reload eventually.

As for ZERO, you can add all sorts of restrictions, the players ALWAYS and i mean this, ALWAYS will find a way around your restriction. With this said, the most that can be done is a "Gentleman's Code" probably. Just about any change that is to be done to the server was stated through word of mouth in-game. That's how I used to find most of my information, before frequently checking the forums now because I have a convenient link . Annnnnnnnnnnd now I sleep.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

8. Default

This is also why I am starting to simply buff the unfavored players as it is clear that the experienced players will just figure out ways around being debuffed. Thus it is easier to simply keep buffing new players in various ways to try to even the field of play more even.

9. Default

The other day there were about 8-10 players on. Ronnie, Yoshi, Ks and i were trying to lvl alchemist and we were getting slaughtered 4-20 or so. there were no problems, no one complained, no one rage quit. So as a team we decided to stop lvling and start actually trying to win, counter the other teams races. We changed our races and won about 5 in a row and the other team started complaining and rage quitting rather than trying to work together as a team like we did. Its the players getting butthurt when they cant roll the other team that's killing the server. every race has a counter race. Rather than trying to counter other races they get mad and leave. Yes some races should be tweaked cause they're op, and the health balance helps. but there are always gonna be players who get too butthurt to stay and actually try to win

10. Default

zero.. i mean i dont rly get how u're enforcing that health thing.

I'm currently (if not downgraded) somewhere in the top % of ranks or some shit on the wcs server, i have a crapton of xp on multiple races which are all maxed out except alchemist/

So if i were to be "nice" and jump on undead, or panorama, or fly around with archmage to avoid using my favorite vaga races or playing op races, and then i'm facing off against some guy who is relatively newer to the server, has an overall crapton lower xp than i do, but most of which is on a MAX HUMAN... a max human HE IS PLAYING AT THE MOMENT...

would that fucking max human player get a crapton of "noob hp" too to reck my low-tier race simply bcos i have more total xp than him? because that would just add insult to injury...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...