View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero disables op races at less than 5v5?

4 44.44%
  • Zero gives us a voteban on races at less than 5v5

0 0%
  • LET ME FUCKING BAN THOSE FUCKING FAGGOTS for killing the server

2 22.22%
  • What's the point. Give up. It's dead, Jim.

3 33.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: WCS is dead for a fucking reason.

1. Default

this^ is true

I just had an epoopanny... epiffiny... eppiffiny? I HAVE AN IDEA!

We reset the server every 2 years.

WAIT BEFORE YOU SAY Wolfenstinger, your idea is bad and you should feel bad. Here's why -

1) This server ran to where it was 20/21 around 2010-2011? When the STEAM Pipe update hit, we were still strong but it wasn't the same group (I noticed this when I came back after a slight hiatus). Therefore, we clearly lost people who disappeared due to IRL events or other games. Yet it was still 20/21 with new people coming in and out daily from the reset.

Around a bit after 2012, beginning of 2013, we had some of our hardest cases on aimbotting solved (iREAPER Benihime + Mistral, Balto), who I might add, are up there in the database for levels still (You just gotta do some searching ingame). This is probably where the server also began to die due to CSGO getting patched and becoming popular. By like mid-summer to beginning of 2014, we started to hit some all-time lows daily.

[IF ANY OF THIS IS WRONG, BY ALL MEANS QUOTE AND SAY SOMETHING.]

2) Once players did hit 975 (now with alchemist it's like ~1025?), the most they could do is just play and be considered "whores" for playing races they enjoyed. I can't blame somebody who goes and plays Human once they maxed EVERYTHING, there's not much else to do. I'll hate you for it, but I won't hold too much of a grudge to not try and stab you.

[If I recall, ZERO plans on having Over-Leveling to come back? That would hold some people for an extent, but it'd be much better than having nothing once players maxed everything.]

3) Increase the incentive to maxing all the races. Like, there is not much I can do but theorize a 'What if?' like ...
    -What if when you hit maxed on everything, you unlock a trail (similar to succubus) that isn't distracting [Off by Default, can be toggled through commands]?
    -What if maxing everything enabled tracer rounds?

Small incentives, they don't have to be as rewarding as tracer rounds though.

4) Make top 10 actually mean something to the player. By this I actually thought about reserved slot for like a week+ for the WCS server only. Though I don't know too much, I'm just talking outta my ass at this point on it.

But yeah - that's what i'm coming to. If we reset the server and everyone starts from scratch, not only do we all work back up to what we wanna play again but it brings life back to the server while there is a mass bug check on all the races. Granted losing all our work we put in for the past however long some of us played will be lost (sucks... even I'm gonna be losing a lot of time that I spent on Vagalion, Succubus, Genocide, etc.), create some new memories and shenanigans. Those are my thoughts though, they just came in today.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Default

Reset the server and I will play again. I am sure others will end up doing as well. Otherwise, nope. It is not fun trying to level alchemist with one other person in the server.

4. Default

If everything is restarted, I would play. Hate leveling my Orc and undead while everyone have vaga's and jacks all over my ass.
    Oh, and cyber likes to play a game called "don't kill Phil, he's mine". But that's every server.

5. Default

Made some more adjustments to tune it down based on how high a users current level is (subtracts 2x the hp that it would have given where X is their current level)

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Made some more adjustments to tune it down based on how high a users current level is (subtracts 2x the hp that it would have given where X is their current level)
    is it live now? Because I was having issues killing a Shadow of the Void who had roughly 400+ HP as a Vagalion. Note he had no shadow hunter, alchemist, anything that gave him health on his team. Also I know I should've killed this guy multiple times because I hit him for like 210 in 2 hits (2 crits) before getting stuck and dying due to how much health he has.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7. Default

You do realize that it only gives them the health when they spawn, it does not keep giving it to them. Also the point here is if it is keeping the actual teams balanced or not, if that means we got an op noob running around to counter an op pro than so be it. What I do not want it the team that is getting the balance being impossible to beat. The intent is that the games are balanced. I will though edit the observer hud program so that you can see who is getting the bonus and how much of one.

8. Default

Ok that would actually take a lot of time b/c I need to reprogram a lot of stuff and make things differently to implement that amount of sql calls without needing to worry about lag and causing errors.

I have though implemented a scalier so that users who are closer to their teams average will get less health than those further away. This way the buff is given to the players now as a % of their difference from their teams avg instead of just trying to give them all the same base boost amount.

9. Default

Zero question about the logic you are programming. If a player were to reset their skill allocation would the % health read them at the same level or at level 1?

10. Default

Their level does not change when their skills are not set to anything. Your skill points and if you have applied them to anything are not confused by the system with your level. The races level is the same even if a user runs resetskills.