View Poll Results: What should we do?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zero disables op races at less than 5v5?

4 44.44%
  • Zero gives us a voteban on races at less than 5v5

0 0%
  • LET ME FUCKING BAN THOSE FUCKING FAGGOTS for killing the server

2 22.22%
  • What's the point. Give up. It's dead, Jim.

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WCS is dead for a fucking reason.

1. Default WCS is dead for a fucking reason.

Sample reason why wcs keeps dying and will NEVER be the wcs we know again until you do something about those op fucking races zero...

I join a game to see 2 guys on ct recking a poor guy ( 3 in 16) and a fucking bot...
    i join T to help him, he rage quits... i end up with the damn bot 2 v 2... with THIRTY (30) FPS AVERAGE on this shitty laptop...

i go orc and undead for 3 rounds... kill them pure by fucking around with predictable nades because they are skilless fucking cunts,
    " " goes MAX FUCKING HUMAN, followed by a jack when it STILL wasn't enough...

4 rounds later i was an orc vs TWO fucking SPIDERMEN with full items... ME... on orc AND A FUCKING BOT that dies 2 seconds in...wow...

so much for joining to level alchemist.

no fucking shit the server is dead.

ZERO DISABLE THE FUCKING OP RACES when below 8 v 8. period.
    if they wanna level those races, let them tome up in spec.
    wcs will NEVER revive with those fucking faggotty mentality around..

AT LEAST GIVE US A DAMN WAY TO VOTEBAN RACES at less than 5 v 5...

- - - Updated - - -

no matter how many races you make zero. or how many plugins you add, or how many tweaks and remakes you do to the existing code... ITS NOT GONNA MATTER until you do something about such faggotry.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Another solution could be to auto buff users against these races based on player count. But what races would be disabled?

Restricted races could have their restrictions updated automatically based on player count. Where as 6v6 unlocks them. So the formula of races allowed would be RoundToFloor((currentplayers/12)*amountallowed).

That formula would make it so races that are limited to 1 are disabled when <12 players. Races that are limited to 2 for example would be limited to 1 at <12 and 0 at <6. Logically we can tune these numbers as well. We could also build formulas that work based on the total level of all current players and other things as well.
    Last edited by ZERO; 12-02-2014 at 01:05 AM.

3. Default

human spiderman molecule jack vagabond (yes even my main just to prove that this shit needs to be done) vagalion strider shadowhunter athena.

The last 3 are situational obviously and perhaps only banned until 3v3 rather than 6v6, but at such a low player count, those races are just either delaying the game or annoying to deal with.

but the rest is a definite ban...

========
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

One example of a balance solution could be to permanently buff health of a team when unbalance is detected by a difference in total levels between the teams.

Example:
    Team 1:
    • p1 = 300
    • p2 = 50
    • p3 = 500
    • p4 = 600
    • p5 = 200

Team 1 avg level is 330

Team 2:

• p1 = 100
    • p2 = 50
    • p3 = 450
    • p4 = 500
    • p5 = 50

Team 2 avg level is 230

On avg players on team 1 have 100more levels. So we need to buff the bad players on team 2 to help make up the difference. We give 1hp for each level of deviation to the players who are below the average. As the avg level difference is 100 all players below level 330 will get 100 extra hp.

So on team 2 player 1, 2 and 5 will start with 100 extra hp to help them out.

5. Default

Human, Spiderman, Die Xonvert, and Jack need to be restricted to 1 per every 3 people on the opposing team. This should be inclusive to all of them on the same counter. If they have say less than half of the levels in a race, then maybe allow them to play.

Vagas, Molecule, Shadow Hunter, Night Elf, and Athena should be restricted until it is a 3v3.

These numbers likely need to be tweaked, but we have to start somewhere.

Zero, your handycap mode is interesting--maybe make it activatable if say 40% of the server wants to turn it on?

Also, you should count total XP, and not just levels. There are those that play max human and nothing else. Hell, I'll be ranked 2nd again as soon as I can log in, and I still don't have all the races maxed.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

6. Default

I could generate a theoretical level based on the users total xp. (apply a mathematical scale to the value to handle it the way the game would if it supported such a function.

I was thinking about having that option turned on all the time by default. I could also have it automatically trigger under preset conditions. What I am trying to do is find ways to approach some of the balance issues from a different direction.

We have seen that the issue goes beyond in some cases the power of individual races and becomes simply an issue where the experienced player simply has too much skill and it is impossible for a noob to ever win. (a similar issue to starcraft) The best workaround is to therefore try to buff the noob so that his team does not get dragged down and so that the player will have a better experience and continue playing. The key is doing this in such a way that creates a challenge for good players without upsetting the balance for players in the middle.

7. Default

Yea the best solution for race limits would be to use a standard rounding function based around how many players are in the server. Thus races restricted to 1 per team are automatically locked.

There is an issue with blocking low level races at low player counts b/c it limits options for new players. It is better to have a system where all players are treated the same under all conditions rather than trying to limit only experienced players race selections. This is also why I am going to try to take a multi pronged approach to balance.

8. Default

The health balance is in effect and appears to be working very well so far.

9. Default

10 people in WCS right now. I'm about to join.

10. Default

alright so 1st hand. I played with the new settings. 7 people. 3 v 4, the team that had 4 had 2 humans (1 maxed, 1 at level 26), a maxed jack, and maxed molecule. Our team got 121 hp added for balance. it made a bit of difference but the level and the use of humans with 7 people was too much to overcome. We probably won 1 or 2 our of 15. You can call me a noob but I think the race ban for under 5v5 should be put in place. Otherwise the HP buff was a great idea.