Thread: Admins and server logs

1. Default Admins and server logs

Hey Zero I was wondering can admins have the power to look at server logs?

I mean because we have someone who we think is timeleft bombing the server and when you are not around it would be good to look through the logs to see who is doing it.

Edit: Or atleast make it so timeleft and nextmap isn't hidden from everyone else
    Last edited by anex; 04-11-2009 at 08:59 AM.

2. Default

I have tried to do it a few times but there is still no way to give them this ability. However, if you all post suspected steam ids I can check the logs for that user.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have tried to do it a few times but there is still no way to give them this ability. However, if you all post suspected steam ids I can check the logs for that user.
    Zero you had to be there last night to see how frustrating it was with the lag and client overflow messages. I kept typing ma_users into my console everytime someone new joined but I couldn't figure out who it was. plus I don't know if sb_status would have done anything. what is the SOP (standard operating procedure) for this?
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

4. Default

o.o the heck i thought zero already fixed this.. anyways here what i would do type in "status" in console.. and do it continuously every round.. after about 3-5 server crashes copy and paste the entire console log.. and look up who's been changing names.. the DDOS spammer.. will have different names every time but the same STEAM ID.. and thats how u find the hacker.. i would just slap a perma ban on him no questions

this is just my experience with timeleft spammer.. they like to rotate through names.. to lessen chances of getting bans.. there are other methods but this ones works just fine

i would do the auto connect ban on his steam ID.. sadly i forgot the ma command for it i would do auto kick just to piss him off .. either works fine.. cept ZERO cleans the auto command list quite frequently cuz last time i set up a perma ban on people that connect with the name unconnected .. the next day i checked and my command was removed ...
    Last edited by weeman2412; 04-11-2009 at 02:08 PM.

5. Default

I could just slay people with my cock cant I?
    (It's big and black)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    after about 3-5 server crashes copy and paste the entire console log.. and look up who's been changing names.. the DDOS spammer.. will have different names every time but the same STEAM ID.. and thats how u find the hacker.. i would just slap a perma ban on him no question.
    Ill have to use that next time it happens. Thanks for the tip.

7. Default

It is also known that you can crash counter-strike 1.6 without even joining the server. However, I do not know whether it can be done on Source as well. Just giving a bit of a heads up.

8. Default

Usually what I do is just give Zero the time, if you can't find out who's doing what. Hasn't failed yet.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.