Thread: Kicked and Banned for killing zombies

1. Angry Kicked and Banned for killing zombies

My user i.d. is OokieWithaC
    The admin abusing is ๖ReS | ibis.a

Hello,

I was playing in the zombie server on the escape map, mines_of_moria. His name is ๖ReS | ibis.a. I was attacking, and sometimes killing, the zombies. I killed one zombie, a predator, then the second round, with the aid of someone named preparation h, I killed another one and got credit for it. I got banned shortly after wards. Now, I don't believe it's against the rules to kill the zombies, considering that's what the game is about. He kept complaining and saying how he doesn't like me; and he was being rude to me, especially when I tagged him as a zombie a few times. I never responded or replied, but I wasn't breaking any rules by killing the zombies. What am I supposed to do? I don't have any screen shots or demos because why would I expect to get banned for playing the game and following the rules? I just wanted to get it out there and let whomever is responsible for these forums, that what one of the admins did, which I believe is admin abuse. I think that the ban he did on me was only temporary, so I'm not too worried.

edit: I just got back into the server, but, in hopes that what I said helps in someway, I'm going to keep my post up.
    Last edited by OokieWithaC; 04-12-2009 at 06:16 PM.

I'm banned Ookie, do you miss me?

3. Cool wow.

Its not against the rules to kill zombies.
    However. After killing the first zombie for the second round in a row, AFTER me telling you to give the first zombie a chance.
    By killing the first zombie your impeding the gameplay of other players.
    It gets very aggravating when you run half way through the level only to see the message HUMANS WIN with the flaming fist come up.
    It was a 30 minute ban so Shut your mouth and

4. Default

Sounds to me like this was a legit ban. Sounds like you weren't listening to an admin two times in a row...

Next time tell the admin if the first zombie is not playing the game correctly. I will usually kick the first zombie if they are afk or not trying to tag someone so that another player with a bit more motivation will hopefully get the game moving along.

It was only 30 minutes so get over it.

5. Default

After reading these posts, I can understand much better, but when I got back into the server, I was annoyed and told res that I posted in the forums about what he did. I kept being persistent, defending my side, because it doesn't seem to be against the rules to kill the zombies. Res did tell me to give him a chance, but when he told me that, it was when I was shooting against a jumper zombie and that's why I assumed he said that because it's pretty easy to kill those zombies. I was killing the predators and the fast zombies, which I think they can easily get me if they tried hard enough.

When I came back into the server, I was trying to talk to res, asking him why it's against the rules to kill zombies and everything else around why he banned me, but he didn't even explain it to me the way he just posted in this thread. I was muted and threatened when I was trying to talk about it. It just makes the player more annoyed and angrier at the admin responsible when they refuse to talk to you and then prevent you from talking to them. Inthebutt then showed up, and I was unmuted shortly after. I asked him if it's against the rules to kill zombies and I got banned right after by res.

I only wanted a reasonable answer (like the ones I got in this thread, thank-you) instead of threats and being muted/banned a second time. It can be pretty aggravating when you get banned, for a reason you believe is unjust, and then being muted/told to shut-up when you try to talk to an admin after being unbanned. The only thing he ever told me, after having to ask many times, was that I was impeding gameplay or something along those lines, but I asked how, and he never even told me what he told me in this thread.

Thank-you, though, for explaining things in this thread. If you could just explain things more clearly, like the people (including res) have done so in this thread, it would have been greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by OokieWithaC; 04-12-2009 at 08:41 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OokieWithaC View Post
    My user i.d. is OokieWithaC
    The admin abusing is ๖ReS | ibis.a

Hello,

I was playing in the zombie server on the escape map, mines_of_moria. His name is ๖ReS | ibis.a. I was attacking, and sometimes killing, the zombies. I killed one zombie, a predator, then the second round, with the aid of someone named preparation h, I killed another one and got credit for it. I got banned shortly after wards. Now, I don't believe it's against the rules to kill the zombies, considering that's what the game is about. He kept complaining and saying how he doesn't like me; and he was being rude to me, especially when I tagged him as a zombie a few times. I never responded or replied, but I wasn't breaking any rules by killing the zombies. What am I supposed to do? I don't have any screen shots or demos because why would I expect to get banned for playing the game and following the rules? I just wanted to get it out there and let whomever is responsible for these forums, that what one of the admins did, which I believe is admin abuse. I think that the ban he did on me was only temporary, so I'm not too worried.

edit: I just got back into the server, but, in hopes that what I said helps in someway, I'm going to keep my post up.
    Your now banned for a day for: Disrespect towards an Admin and Not following rules given to you by an admin. You deserved this and can only blame yourself

7. Default

I had no idea it was counted as disrespect towards admins when you try and talk about why you got banned and the reasons for it.

edit: Just to add something... you were treating me with far greater disrespect than you could say I did you. I remember when I tagged you as a zombie and you were being mean to me. I don't remember exactly what you said and I don't want to quote you word-for-word on something I don't remember exactly, but I do know it was something rude and disrespectful. You shouldn't disrespect someone and expect respect from them.

The only thing I did that I would admit was disrespectful was when I changed my name to Res = Admin Abuse, but that was because you muted me when I was talking to you about why you banned me and that was the only way I could get your attention.

If you were more respectful towards me, and said, as you said in this thread, "It gets very aggravating when you run half way through the level only to see the message HUMANS WIN with the flaming fist come up," the whole situation would have just ended with that sentence. I would have understood why.

I don't mean to say you're a bad admin; and I'm sure you do a great job. If you look back at how you acted towards me though, I think you would understand more of what happened and why I went as far as posting on the forums about the situation instead of just ignoring it.
    Last edited by OokieWithaC; 04-12-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Yeah I'm a bit confused, whats the disrespect?

And remember, that although you are admins and a voice of authority, remember to show a respectful and courteous face, be firm when needed but you must also maintain patience for those that might need a little more explanation so that they are absolutely sure what they did wrong. Zero represents what I consider to be a proper authority and father figure to many of you admins, he's your greatest resource to being less of a douche , worry not that your seeking assistance from him is a sign of weakness for it truly represents your desire to not be a dick and to be the best admin you can be.
    Last edited by EVL_Ripper; 04-12-2009 at 07:44 PM.

9. Default

I didn't want to waste my time in-game telling you to shut up.
    I muted you, after that you changed your name and all that shit.
    When i un-muted you, I specifically told you to not talk about it, Instead of doing that you asked inthebutt about it. So not only did you continue talking about it you went against me telling you NOT to continue talking about it.
    If you talked but said something else i really wouldnt have cared. You went right back to talking about what i banned you for.
    I then got sick of hearing you bitch, I banned you for a day.
    If you just stopped talking you really could have easily avoided this.
    Next time listen to admins. Show some Respect.
    You should be back on tomorrow. I hope you will now take Admins more seriously.

P.S. Mines of Moria is a map were if there is only one zombie in the beginning, chances are the zombie is going to die. Unless its a fast. Then everyone dies.

10. Default

If you had already created this thread, why did you need to go back in the server just to bitch to him about what he did. As you said it was explained in the forums. From my understanding, he told you to stop killing the first zombie and you continued to do so. Then after you were unbanned you came into the server and started bitching about it. It is painfully obvious that what you were doing was wrong. You should have used those 30min to think about why he did not want you to kill the first zombie every round instead of how you could flip out on the server when you get unbanned. Also, the zombies on that map have less health to make it more balanced. As a result it is easy to camp kill the first zombie, however this ruins the map and the point of that map is to escape and not to just rape the first zombie every round.