Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So, i'm finally going to watch through the UC Gundam stuff

1. Default So, i'm finally going to watch through the UC Gundam stuff

I've finally decided to watch the Universal Century serieses.

I'm on the original show atm (holy fuckballs is the opening one of the most 70's things i've ever heard).

I'm debating on going in Chrono or Production order. Probably Production, but i was wondering if anyone had any opinions on what version of Zeta to grab. Either the entire show, or the condensed movie trilogy. If the show, i'll probably end up watching the movies eventually, but whatever.

Interested to see how UC ranks against my favorites AW and AC universes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Before you toss all that time sink have you watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes yet?

3. Default

Alright, you started at an unusually correct time

http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=242152
    Go join these bunch of people, they just started yesterday, they are doing it in chornological order, so yea.. Igloo is not something you really should start on, but whatever, 9 episodes of small scope story with decent fights, you just have no framwork to fit the details it gives you in, they they start the 1979 gundam show. Ill be popping in and out of their huge marathon since I have already seen the core shows with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

4. Default

Oh nice find maybe I will join in as well then. I have not see any UC at all and planned to watch in chronological order at some time. Although I would prefer they just animate the MC time line.

5. Default

Im wondering what they are going to do when origin comes out later this year since it takes place before IGLOO...
    Just watch it right then or wait till the rest of it is out or wait for the dub, cause I actually liked the dub on most of the UC gundam shows.

6. Default

People said that Baccano had a great dub so I actually tried it. I have thus banned dubs.

7. Default

Oh for reference the "G-Saviour" movie should be ignored. Hollywood wanted to make a AAA Gundam movie back in the day and Tokyo was like oh that is great but we must have 100% control over everything in the entire movie. So Hollywood said you realize we are the ones paying the $$ and who know what the fuck we are doing when making live action movies we would not try to tell you how to make an anime for example. So then Sunrise said fuck you we can make such a great movie that Hollywood will look stupid and with way less money. So first they go well the only place with better live action actors than Hollywood, Canada and for the audio just DUB Japanese over the English! What resulted was one of the worst movies ever made. It was so bad that they actually removed Gundam from the title and in all references in the movie to prevent riots from breaking out in Tokyo and the companies stock collapsing.

8. Default

Now all I want to do is to watch G-Saviour...

I noticed you didnt seem to be fond of Igloo there zero.

9. Default

I rate where 3 stars is average. That series got virtually no points for animation as the CG was terrible. They also often tried to use facial expressions to convey what was going on and that failed miserable especially with how long they lasted. Almost all character interaction was terrible. The only reason it go as high a score as I gave it was b/c I know that this was intended to be a very low budget prequel special for the series. If this was intended to be a legit OVA in its own right then the score would have been even lower.

10. Default

so, somewhere around episode 20...maybe 23 MSG got decent. no longer complete crap, though i can't figure out why.

Regardless, i'm on like episode 29 or something, looking forward to upgrading to Gundam Z soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?