Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Special_K Hax?

1. Default Special_K Hax?

I have heard a lot of admins talk about me wall hacking and I just want to clear things up for people so I wont get banned. I shouldn't either because demo's will show that I don't wall no matter when you spec me. Let me just upload a picture of my setup and what I see in game vs everyone else...
    Here is a screenshot of me playing. The device I use is called TripleHead2Go and is sold by a company called Matrox. If you want to read more about it, go here. http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/
    PLEASE CLICK THE IMAGE TO VIEW FULL SIZE (LARGE IMAGE)

Here is a picture of my desk, the laptop on the right also has a spare monitor.

If using this device is against the rules then I guess you may as well ban widescreen users for having that extra 1 inch on each side to see more.

I don't know if Brimley posts on here or not, but I was wondering if he is the same one that played on the Overclock.net gungame server?

2. Default

cool, nice set up my the way, jsut a question: lets say you face a wall, the the whole middle monitor is on the wall, and your character is totally behind it, does your side monitor see around the wall? so that you can see around the wall without actually looking?

not that there's a problem with this, just asking.

3. Default

If I put the right or left side of my character against a wall I can see through it sometimes, and a lot of the time I just see the level and not people. There are sometimes that I see people. I am running no mods on CSS or my PC to mod CSS. The only program running is the game. The device merely fools the PC into thinking it has 1 huge monitor.

4. Default

yeah very nice setup. my question is does this happen in other games as well?
    Last edited by deprodigy; 04-22-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: .

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
    If I put the right or left side of my character against a wall I can see through it sometimes, and a lot of the time I just see the level and not people. There are sometimes that I see people. I am running no mods on CSS or my PC to mod CSS. The only program running is the game. The device merely fools the PC into thinking it has 1 huge monitor.
    HACKER.

HAACCKKERRRRRR.

*burns!*

D:

D:

D:

D:

That’s the funny thing about trolls: They love to do something horrible, then accuse you of doing something horrible when you call them on it.

6. Default

So this does give an advantage on other players no ?

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    So this does give an advantage on other players no ?
    well is it the same advantage that having a $2000 computer as opposed to a $20 one? you can't really ban someone for their setup.

i guess its the same as someone who has a really good headset to someone who doesnt.

8. Default

Actually, if you do not buy me some more monitors (I am down to two now as 3 have burned out) I can not allow a setup like this lol.

But yea if it was an issue I would just force the FOV to 90 which would force all widescreen setups to run it in a window or have it stretched.

A question about that device, obviously when in game it treats all 3 monitors as 1 but outside of the game does it treat them as independent. All I want out of game is to have a normal desktop on the center monitor with a start menu and to have wallpaper only on the other two.

9. Default

The software doesn't allow it to be treated as 3 independent monitors at the desktop level for wallpapers. You would have to edit your own to make it look like it was three separate. Windows though will full screen to there respective monitors when you hit the button, and will span the entire desktop if you hold ctrl while clicking it. Not all games support the setup or run correctly with it.

Source games = all supported natively without any extra commands
    COD4 = The program I have to run to fix the aspect ratio, punkbuster doesn't like it.
    UT2004/ UT3 = The FOV isn't high enough to make it look correct on screen and makes you look bug eyed.

I don't use nice headphones while playing CSS but I do have 5.1 surround. The resolution I run is 3840x1024, which under the video options is under 16:9. I'm sure a lot of other players have wide screen setups. I go to CS:S tournaments for 5v5 and people call it cheating until they actually play me and realize I'm a noob. >_< Click Here for more comparison pictures of Surround Gaming. At least I'm only at 3 monitors vs 24...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krVvGOqI21M
    Last edited by Special_K; 04-23-2009 at 03:37 AM.

10. Default

With a set up like that, it wouldn't kill you to spend a little more for a decent looking desk and especially that chair, unless it is made of some sort of ancient Chinese oak.