Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is dropping the bomb in Pub Server #1 against the rules?

1. Default

In all my years of playing counter strike in the various versions they have put out, I have never once played on a server where it was absolutely mandatory that if you start with the bomb, you cannot drop it. No one in their right mind would make up a silly rule like that. If at the start of the round, you do not want the bomb, you are not obligated to keep it. On dust2, which is the best example, the terrorists will sometimes have a few people hang back and snipe down mid and/or just watch it to notify their team which way the enemy is going. If one of the snipers has the bomb, why would they keep it? Drop it and let someone without a sniper pick it up to go plant it. In fact, people using sub machine guns are probably the best option for planting the bomb.

I had to throw my 2 cents in on this even though I never play on the ibis pub server because after reading whiteys reply, and I understood what he meant completely, and he never said dropping the bomb when you die, I'm pretty sure he would have written that if he meant that. He meant just dropping the bomb in general while you have teammates still alive. Like I said above, if you do not want the bomb, you are not obligated to keep it. The rules are written down for a reason and there are no hidden ones that people don't know about. Plus, how would they know about them if that were the case?? The rules are the rules, but individual admins use their own discretion and their view of those rules to decide on what to do in different situations.

I rarely post on here but as someone that always goes scout deagle when I'm a T I have to agree with scribble. Even if I have the bomb and no one else wants it, I would still drop the bomb, but I would still attempt to complete the objective. The reason for this is since I'm gonna scout and be looking for people, I will drop the bomb prior to each shot just so that if in the off chance I miss I don't want to give the CT's any information that the person picking them off is the one that actually has the bomb. I have every intention of picking it back up as I make my way to the bomb site or if I have to retreat and get a better angle as the opposing team chases after me. Now with what was said I would be banned for dropping the bomb the first time, but I am following the objective, so would that be right?

3. Default

Isn't planting the bomb a team objective, just like defusing the bomb is? Why would dropping the bomb be the same as not wanting to completing the objective? I mean, if someone is standing inside of the bombsite and refuges to plant/defuse, pls ban him, but if someone is acting like a team player and feels like another player has a better change in planting the bomb (And you obviously have if you are a rush player, lets say a player with a AK and a flash (And armor :P)) then isn't that acturely helping the team completing the objective? Furthermore, isn't dropping the bomb when you know you're gonna be camping a spot the best option? Because I cant see how rushing the site with a scout and the bomb is ever gonna help your team, I think thats just as bad as dropping suiciding with all your weapons and the bomb when you see a CT... I would do the same: If I rush the site as the first person, or if I dont rush the site, I will drop the bomb, so my team has a better change to win the round. I play CS:GO more often than I play CS:S pub, but still, I hate those people who rush long with the bomb and a AWP/AK (something expensive), die and fuck the whole team in the first 10 seconds of the game, and I praise those who drop the bomb before they rush in. Its just like people who run into a bombsite and start defusing the bomb before they check for enemies. Its so frustrating when you kill everyone but the last guy, and then the other 6 teammembers all die because they try to defuse without checking for enemies.
    Buy admin so you can add "ibis.a" to your name. Dont worry, you wont be the first one.

4. Default

I don't understand this. Unless your the last player alive what is the big deal. You should always look where the bomb is at on the radar.
    I mean if your gonna awp or scout with the bomb that's a shitty move but not illegal.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    I don't understand this. Unless your the last player alive what is the big deal. You should always look where the bomb is at on the radar.
    I mean if your gonna awp or scout with the bomb that's a shitty move but not illegal.
    Wait, what? Even if ur the last player its not against the rules? Then why the fuck is there even a discussion about this????
    Buy admin so you can add "ibis.a" to your name. Dont worry, you wont be the first one.

6. Default

I guess I should've been more specific with my original post.

I meant basically what Scribble said, at the beginning of the round, if I plan on scouting and I have the bomb, I would drop it to or close to another person. Then scout for a short period in middle. I'm not talking about camping the whole round at all. I'm talking about only at the very beginning of the round.

For one thing, I've played with Sensei and Psyche enough, that I would've thought that you both knew that I do do the objectives. And you really came off as hostile to me in that post Sensei, when I didn't even mention an admin's name in my original post (OP).

I also don't scout that much, so this shouldn't even be an issue except that it was brought up when I did do it. I dropped the bomb at round start to another player on de_dust2, and I just think they didn't want the bomb for some reason. I'll take the bomb, I don't care, but if I'm scouting, I don't want to be the one who is camping with the bomb. Hence the dropping of the bomb. IMO, that's more inline with doing the objective by not camping with the bomb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Here are some scenarios for you of whats going to happen if this is allowed:

- The bomb will be dropped at spawn every round. Eventually all REGULAR players who play according to design will leave of frustration because a good player would not want to go back to spawn and lose time instead of positioning himself on the map..
    Here's a situation that WILL occur if this isn't allowed:

- The person with the bomb who scouts, say mid dust2, may die, in spawn with the bomb. Any player who rushed now has to go back and get the bomb.

This situation happens all the time, I've seen it on IBIS, and especially on dust2. I can't recall how many times I've had to go back to spawn to get the bomb.

*EDIT*:
    I consider myself a "good" player, and if there's enough time, I would always go back for the bomb.

What's the verdict because I'm a little confused?

7. Default

It is allowed.

8. Default

why...why is this even a question?

would not running straight at the nearest bomb site and attempting an immediate plant at round start be delaying the objective? What if you claim to be moving towards the farther bomb site, what then? come on get real.

seriously though, in a non wall-of-text, could someone explain why dropping the bomb at round start so a teammate could grab it instead would be considered "delaying the objective" and against the rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Yall need Jesus
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    why...why is this even a question?

would not running straight at the nearest bomb site and attempting an immediate plant at round start be delaying the objective? What if you claim to be moving towards the farther bomb site, what then? come on get real.

seriously though, in a non wall-of-text, could someone explain why dropping the bomb at round start so a teammate could grab it instead would be considered "delaying the objective" and against the rules?
    Because Sensei feels the need to over complicate everything and ruin the game. Just look at all those bans. Half the fucking pages are him and I bet you he isn't even following the warn,slay,kick,ban protocol either.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.