Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Is dropping the bomb in Pub Server #1 against the rules?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    It is allowed.
    Thanks for the clarification.

Like someone else already pointed out, how can you have rules and have people know the rules, if they're not written down?

I also don't like being accused of anything, let alone, trying to exploit the server rules. Sensei, I told you that I understood what you were saying not that I understood the rule. I only wanted to read the rule to find out the details. When I couldn't find it, I created this thread to get an answer. If I only went by what you said, I would still believe you. So in the end, I'm glad I remembered and wrote this thread.
    Last edited by vivid; 05-02-2015 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Changed period to a question mark.

2. Default

The rule as was explained to me is that as long as you attempt the objective and have time to complete it before the time for the round runs out, you are ok. If someone fails to leave themselves enough time, you warn them. If they do it again and you are an admin, you kick them. If you are not an admin, you post it in the temp ban section so that an admin will talk to them. If they repeat it over and over, then it is ban worthy.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    The rule as was explained to me is that as long as you attempt the objective and have time to complete it before the time for the round runs out, you are ok. If someone fails to leave themselves enough time, you warn them. If they do it again and you are an admin, you kick them. If you are not an admin, you post it in the temp ban section so that an admin will talk to them. If they repeat it over and over, then it is ban worthy.
    Noone acturely ever tells me anything about such 'unwritten rules' (until it is too late) but this is pretty much what I would do in such a situation. Maybe warning them after failing the objective the first time is a bit harsh, but if one refuges to complete the objective, a kick for not listening to a admin and ruining the game defenitly seems fair to me. Just like teamdamage isnt specificly forbidden but should be avoided. I notice I deal a lot of teamdamage in gg (Minimap 2 hard 4 me), so I try to compensate that with appologies and not shooting for a couple of secs to take a look at minimap, or even deliberately killing myself as a punishment. If someone were to warn me about a possible kick if I kept dealing team damage I probably would stop playing, or have less fun bcause I can no longer spray and thus would die all the time. Thats why I dont really agree warning a player before closely observing their behaviour will help the situation. Same goes for this case, aswell as many others: maybe asking why someone is dropping the bomb might give you a better view on the situation. Obviously, this player had fun playing with scout more than completing the objective, just like listening to gunshots and footsteps is more fun then looking at the minimap for me. These styles of play might not help the team, but if someone tries to compensate their style of play I dont think warning them would help, just like warning a hacker doesnt work either. In the case of someone playing in a style which makes the game more enjoyable for him, probably the wisest thing to do is not to take that fun away from him.
    Buy admin so you can add "ibis.a" to your name. Dont worry, you wont be the first one.

4. Default

So you know, a warn is, "Hey man, so you know you have to at least attempt the objective, so make sure you start moving with enough time to complete it."

Dropping the bomb is not illegal, as long as he has enough time to complete the objective before the round ends. This isn't gun game--you can use 100% of the time in the round even as the last person (you tend to piss people off doing so) but as long as you get the objective completed in that time frame it is fine.

Telling someone what the rules are is completely fine. Try playing on the WCS server without any of the rules enforced and you'll learn how much of a shit show that can be. The rules are there to make the game run smoother and keep the community healthy.

Also, as for your later argument about taking his fun away, go talk to Zero about that. The rules are the rules, and only he can change them. Personally, I agree with the current objective rules. It allows for some camping, but means that eventually there will be some action. Otherwise, you'll end up with 2 people that camp the entire map and there would be an absurd amount of downtime for other players.

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

5. Default

I would just like to point out that since Sensei has been told that he was wrong, he hasn't come back. Little bitch got put in his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

6. Default

So you know, a warn is, "Hey man, so you know you have to at least attempt the objective, so make sure you start moving with enough time to complete it."

Dropping the bomb is not illegal, as long as he has enough time to complete the objective before the round ends. This isn't gun game--you can use 100% of the time in the round even as the last person (you tend to piss people off doing so) but as long as you get the objective completed in that time frame it is fine.

Telling someone what the rules are is completely fine. Try playing on the WCS server without any of the rules enforced and you'll learn how much of a shit show that can be. The rules are there to make the game run smoother and keep the community healthy.

Also, as for your later argument about taking his fun away, go talk to Zero about that. The rules are the rules, and only he can change them. Personally, I agree with the current objective rules. It allows for some camping, but means that eventually there will be some action. Otherwise, you'll end up with 2 people that camp the entire map and there would be an absurd amount of downtime for other players.
    I just think having fun with the team is more important than completing the objective. If the whole T side wants to go knive only then so be it. In such a case kicking them or even explaining the rules seems totaly unnececairy to me. Same goes for gungame (there even was a thread about this): if the whole team agrees knife only or whatever is more fun than completing the objective. I also agree that if someone thinks completing the objective is more fun, then everyone else should respect that. But for example a knife only: shoothing bcause you cant knife and and getting targeted for that isnt illegal to me. If this were to be a written rule it should be: Under no circumstances prevent those who want to complete the objective from doing so. In the case of someone not listening to that rule or to a admin, kicking seems ok to me. But like I said; if he didnt prevent his team from planting the bomb, he shouldnt be punished for it. Also explained by others: if youre the only one alive and arent completing the objective, someone should explain you the rules if they feel like not completing the objective would ruin the game.
    Buy admin so you can add "ibis.a" to your name. Dont worry, you wont be the first one.

7. Default

What about telling someone what the rule(s) are, but actually making up rules and not the actual rules?

*EDIT*:
    To the people talking about not doing the objective, this wasn't the issue IMO. I always do the objective, no matter what. I understand Sensei's argument, but he was mistaken. I was literally talking about sniping mid for the very beginning of the round, not the whole round. And I don't even scout that much, so it's even less of a deal.

The thing I find to be wrong here, is that I was told not to do it in-game, and I come here to find out that I was fine and didn't break any rules. I also stated in another post, that I dropped the bomb to someone else, and I really just think they didn't want it and they had also heard Sensei spout this rule before apparently.

8. Default

Admins not knowing the rules and trying to enforce their own corrupted versions has been and is still an issue. Add ULAs and clan to your friends list. They all know the rules. If none of them are on, give the admin some respect and either play his way or leave. Definitely post the issue on the forums though. Even that doesn't fix some issues however.

I did that for fire nades and poison smoke on crackhouse, as it is legal as long as you leave paths through the house and don't hit the hosties. Maynard even made a great post about it which I would link in game. Several admins were just like, "no, you are wrong!!1!!111!"

YOnny, it feels as if you are simply disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing. The rules are enforced when someone wants them to be. If everyone wants to say, play hide and seek and ignore the objectives they can, but if someone joins and wants to actually play the game, people need to respect that. That is one of the main points of the 'warn' step.

I snipped some stuff. Sorry if I took some things out of context. I will say that I haven't been following this debate so I may not have all of the information necessary to leave a comment here but I think most of what is said does not require context.

Admins not knowing the rules and trying to enforce their own corrupted versions has been and is still an issue.
    I think it may be time for rule re-defining, since it seems that there are some (by some I mean A LOT OF) gray areas. A clear black and white ruling for specific instances would greatly help when it comes to moderating the servers, especially in the case of an abusing admin. I think what you mention is largely an issue of misunderstanding the rules rather than enforcing 'corrupted versions'.

Add ULAs and clan to your friends list. They all know the rules. If none of them are on, give the admin some respect and either play his way or leave. Definitely post the issue on the forums though. Even that doesn't fix some issues however.
    True. All of this is true.

Maynard even made a great post about it which I would link in game. Several admins were just like, "no, you are wrong!!1!!111!"
    Fuck'em.