Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is dropping the bomb in Pub Server #1 against the rules?

1. Default Is dropping the bomb in Pub Server #1 against the rules?

I was playing on dust2 and I was going to scout, so I dropped the bomb so I wouldn't be "camping" with the bomb. At first a regular player ran by it an picked it up, then they said something to me that it was against the rules. They then asked an admin and they also said that it was against the rules.

So I looked through the forums, especially the rules but I didn't see it listed. I also didn't read through the 17 pages of that thread. Could someone let me know if it is, and if it is, what is the exact rule?

Normally I would hold on to the bomb, but if I do have a scout or something like that, especially on a map like dust2 with the middle the way it is, I don't see why dropping the bomb is a problem. If it's a rule, I won't do it on the server, just wondering either way.

2. Default

Dropping the bomb is not against the rules. Completing the objective is what is.
    If you are in possession of the bomb or are a remaining CT, complete the objective.

If you dropped the bomb when all of your team is alive, it is with teamwork that they use their eyes to see the bomb dropped on radar.
    If you are the last T, you must pick it up.

That would be you completing the objective in this scenario.

3. Default

That's what I thought, but it was stated to me differently. Thanks for explaining.

4. Default

First of all this issue was explained to you. In fact, more than once.. Both by me and Psychedelic on the server. And you actually replied to me with audio and said: "Ok, I understand".. I remember clearly.

So I'll be very straight forward and tell you that what you are trying to do here with this thread very much looks like you are fishing for an angle to actually create a loophole so you can avoid the mission objective while playing in Pub.

Regardless, I'll stay positive and I will take the affirmative once more and explain here again one LAST time..

1- Not every rule has to be in the General Rules Section. Not every rule has to be written. You can follow your common sense. What I mean by this is this:

Pub is a mission-oriented server. Which means both sides has to be "actively pursuing the mission objective". For the map dust2, its planting/defusing the bomb. The game implements a rotation system placing the bomb to a different player every round. This is made on purpose so every player in the game, at some point, start the round carrying the ''responsibility'' of planting.. Right from the start..

So; use your common sense. If you are the one with the bomb at round start, dropping the bomb on purpose is literally AVOIDING the mission objective on purpose.. Simple as that..

Thats actually exactly what you described in your post too.. You just want to have it your way.. This is what you said in short: The map is dust2, I want to scout so I drop the bomb.

The answer is: DON'T.

2- There is a case where you can drop the bomb purposefully. That case being; a teammate asks you for the bomb and you agree to give it.. Other than that, if you are alive, if you start the round with the bomb, pursue the mission objective.

3- I think you misunderstood Whitey's thread or you wanted to.. I suggest you read it again considering the fact that the term "dropping the bomb" is both used in when player dies, he "drops the bomb"; and also while player is alive, he ''drops the bomb'' on purpose.. The former and the latter are completely different things..

When Whitey wrote:
    ''If you dropped the bomb when all of your team is alive, it is with teamwork that they use their eyes to see the bomb dropped on radar.''
    He is referring to the bomb carrier dying and dropping the bomb; and after that point his teammates has to search for it and find it and plant it..
    In nowhere of Whitey's reply there is an affirmation to your request of ''DROPPING THE BOMB ON PURPOSE"

Summary:

1-Do not drop the bomb while you are alive.
    2-Actively pursue the mission objective when you are playing on Pub.
    3-Stop trying to exploit this subject.

As a last personal suggestion; if you want to play on Pub and camp then chose the defending side according to map. Be a CT in defuse maps and be a T in hostage maps. So until the affirmative action is taken by the opposite team, you will have all the time in the world to scout or awp..

Best Regards

5. Default

The bomb is a team objective. You can drop the bomb at the beginning of a round, just make sure someone picks it up. If I choose to use scout, you can guarantee I am going to drop the bomb. Hell, I will drop it in the middle of the round and give it to a shitty that would do better planting than defending.

Sensei, you are wrong.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    Sensei, you are wrong.
    This needs to said to him more.

7. Default

What Scrib said. If you are the last one left though, you better get your ass to it in reasonable time.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

With respect Scribble, I'm sorry but I disagree. That doesn't change the fact that what you say will be the law.. You are the clan member. I am an admin. You outrank me. But like I said I disagree.. And I think you should reconsider and change your mind and here is why:

I understand where you are coming from but the way it plays out in game is much different than the way you assume here..

1-People get off spawn at round start. So why would anybody want to go back to spawn because someone wants to scout and drops the bomb at round start? Especially in a time-precious game like this.. Why would I lose time to go back because you want to play different?

The very design of the game defines this.. The bomb rotates to a different player every round in order to MAKE a different player responsible every round..
    What you are suggesting is against the game's design..

2-Its a 2 minute round. The player still has time to scout for a while and pursue the mission objective afterwards. Takes an average of 20 seconds to reach objective area from spawn on any given map. i.e.: You scout with bomb in dust2, then you chose a site and get on the way. Without exploiting time-frame of course.. You would even be able to change weapons..

3-Its nothing but common sense to expect the guy with the bomb to actually try to plant the bomb. And the generally players in Pub play that way..

4-Allowing the players to purposefully drop the bomb opens up to exploitation of the entire idea of Pub being a mission-oriented server. This is the worst aspect..

If purposeful bomb dropping is allowed there will be no TEAM play.. The act of dropping bomb is saying "I just want to do something else, go plant your own bomb"..

The level of this exploitation would kill the very idea of Pub.. From administrative point of view, it would also make it unmanageable..

Here are some scenarios for you of whats going to happen if this is allowed:

- All players start throwing the bomb to each other..
    - All players start throwing the bomb to ground and say "its ok and somebody should pick it up"
    - The bomb will be dropped at spawn every round. Eventually all REGULAR players who play according to design will leave of frustration because a good player would not want to go back to spawn and lose time instead of positioning himself on the map..
    - When one CT left, the guy with the bomb will drop it and go try to find him instead of following objective..

I can write many more.. These are the ones that actually happened before.. So they were the first to come to my mind..

Allowing purposeful bomb drop is a huge mistake. It will cause major problems.. And will ruin Pub's gameplay..
    I urge the clan members to re-consider.. This is very important.

Best Regards

9. Default

If they are avoiding objective then their intent is clear and they are breaking the rules. Throwing the bomb has its advantages and is not inherent avoidance of the objective. Use your discretion... common sense, right?

10. Default

Like I said, only this time I'll format and correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Whitey- View Post
    Dropping the bomb is not against the rules. Not completing the objective is what is.
    If you are in possession of the bomb or are a remaining CT, complete the objective.

If you dropped the bomb when all of your team is alive, it is with teamwork that they use their eyes to see the bomb dropped on radar.
    If you are the last T, you must pick it up (and plant).

That would be you completing the objective in this scenario.
    This would apply vice versa.
    Why would Scribble of all people lie to you?
    Then again.. I think I could take that back.

Rules are rules. If they were written, they were made to be followed. How can you follow a rule that is not made?

Perfect example:
    Take the 12 year olds on Garrys Mod that still play DarkRP, and bitch and moan about how there are existent yet non-existent and non-existent yet existent rules.
    This will go on forever.

You may drop the bomb for your teammates, given they are alive.
    You do not have to be the one to defuse the bomb if there is more than one CT, but at least one of you have to go for it if there are more than one of you.

You should also be rescuing the hostages on cs related maps if you are a CT.