Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Servers not responding, can only connect by IP in console, port forwarding is set up

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -Whitey- View Post
    I've had this issue for YEARS. I've never gotten it fixed across multiple computers and multiple modems (no router). It especially happens in Garry's mod more than it does in CS:S. I also have a server history issue. They don't show sometimes. I don't know why. I'm taking into account that it's an engine issue.

It has NOTHING to do with port forwarding. If you have anything open, close them - this is only for server hosting if you have a firewall enabled. You don't need them open to play games. You also only need your NAT configured when playing certain games. You COULD try that. Other than that, I have no idea. But I can assure you the ports do not need to be opened.
    Ok thanks. My NAT may have reset when I reverted to factory so I'll try that.

I was in go last night around 11pm but no one else was. Either that or I couldn't see other players because of this problem. Server info doesn't show or refresh individually and only quick refresh works in main server screen.

What a pain. Which server is usually busy so I can test further? CSS or CSGO?
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

2. Default

So I'm not sure why it's still not working but I guess I can just deal with having to directly connect to a server via console. It just sucks since I can't view server info and I have to copy and paste the server's ip every time. Oh well. If anyone thinks of another solution please let me know. Thanks.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

3. Default

It knows you're a cop and wont work on purpose lol

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    It knows you're a cop and wont work on purpose lol
    lol. respect my authoritay!
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/