Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Servers not responding, can only connect by IP in console, port forwarding is set up

1. Angry Servers not responding, can only connect by IP in console, port forwarding is set up

The title pretty much says it all. Attached a screen shot of my forwarding setup which includes forwarding for Xbox. I am using a static IP. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by emTr0; 05-06-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Removed screenshot for security concerns.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

2. Default

Ever get it fixed?

3. Default

Reset your modem and routers and see if that helps.

4. Default

Check your printer cables.

5. Default

i think you left the microwave on and its interfering with the signals
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang View Post
    I started a vote ban on my self to see how many people hated me they all voted yes and the server banned me.

6. Default

I have seen this issue resolved in the past from restarting a router. That is why you go to start there before dealing with windows/steam/cs:s

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    Ever get it fixed?
    Not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    Check your printer cables.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by euronews View Post
    i think you left the microwave on and its interfering with the signals
    Yes, I left it on all night. Of course not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I have seen this issue resolved in the past from restarting a router. That is why you go to start there before dealing with windows/steam/cs:s
    I'll try this again even though I did this. So port forwarding isn't the fix?

Thanks everyone.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

8. Default

You should not be using any port forwarding you should just be using the default ports and have them open in your firewalls.

If you want to test that the issue is not caused by the router then connect directly to the modem.

9. Default

About the router reset, I actually had to reset to factory since I couldn't remember password to check on port forwarding settings. I used these guides:

http://portforward.com/english/route...e_-_Source.htm

http://portforward.com/english/route..._Offensive.htm

http://portforward.com/english/route...x_Live_360.htm

I also used their software to set up the static IP no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You should not be using any port forwarding you should just be using the default ports and have them open in your firewalls.
    Ok I'll look into this next. Thanks.
    ëM┼Γö ⌊ibis.a⌉ ♑
    \m/(>_<)\m/

10. Default

I've had this issue for YEARS. I've never gotten it fixed across multiple computers and multiple modems (no router). It especially happens in Garry's mod more than it does in CS:S. I also have a server history issue. They don't show sometimes. I don't know why. I'm taking into account that it's an engine issue.

It has NOTHING to do with port forwarding. If you have anything open, close them - this is only for server hosting if you have a firewall enabled. You don't need them open to play games. You also only need your NAT configured when playing certain games. You COULD try that. Other than that, I have no idea. But I can assure you the ports do not need to be opened.