Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hunting for next fall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Hunting for next fall

Anyone here hunt ? Also, I need a recommendation on a nice hunting rifle for deer.
    More or less a 30-06 Rifle. I was looking at the Browning X-Bolt Stalker but would like some input if...anyone hunts here.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Anyone here hunt ? Also, I need a recommendation on a nice hunting rifle for deer.
    More or less a 30-06 Rifle. I was looking at the Browning X-Bolt Stalker but would like some input if...anyone hunts here.
    CO, 50% of the ppl in these forums can't even watch PG-13 movies without Mommy and Daddy... I would estimate 40% cannot watch R movies. About 1% are homo's (inhisbutt/homo). Good luck finding someone who has hunting experience

P.S. if you are interested in the brand of weights inhisbutt held as a child to elongate his arms, i'm sure he wouldnt mind sharing

PEW PEW PEW™

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TURTLES View Post
    CO, 50% of the ppl in these forums can't even watch PG-13 movies without Mommy and Daddy... I would estimate 40% cannot watch R movies. About 1% are homo's (inhisbutt/homo). Good luck finding someone who has hunting experience

P.S. if you are interested in the brand of weights inhisbutt held as a child to elongate his arms, i'm sure he wouldnt mind sharing
    LMAO is all I did once i rad this post.
    Poor inthebutt.......LMAO !!

4. Default

whats your price range?

5. Default

Price range is to 1200 or so with scope.....

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    I know quite a few people who hunt, but they use shotguns since you can't use rifles in MD.

7. Default

NYS what type of deer are you planning on hunting and what range do you plan to perch from??

30-60 is what most people consider your starter rifle. You should really head to a local hunting retailer and see what type of rifles they have available there. The only way to find your perfect rifle is to actually hold it and get your feel for it.

I'm sure you know all about the firearm permits, so I won't have to tell you about those. You should also check out online where your planning on hunting and see if a lottery has already started or is about to. You have your permit already right??
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    NYS what type of deer are you planning on hunting and what range do you plan to perch from??

30-60 is what most people consider your starter rifle. You should really head to a local hunting retailer and see what type of rifles they have available there. The only way to find your perfect rifle is to actually hold it and get your feel for it.

I'm sure you know all about the firearm permits, so I won't have to tell you about those. You should also check out online where your planning on hunting and see if a lottery has already started or is about to. You have your permit already right??
    Well as far as firearm permits are concerned...I buy all my firearms with my badge. As for the hunting permit..I have to take a 6 hour safety course then pay for a permit afterwards..I know about hunting areas in which theres plenty in New York State.
    Im planning on hunting for whitetail deer. I thought about buying a shotgun for turkey hunting but I heard its way harder than hunting for deer.
    So yeah...I was looking at either the Browning or Sako. Just wanted some input on anyone that has experience in this matter.

9. Default

I'm not familiar with either of those rifles, sorry NYS. as for turkey hunting, it is hard I've only tried it once and never again. Turkeys when in fear run in a zig zag motion that is very hard to lead.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I'm not familiar with either of those rifles, sorry NYS. as for turkey hunting, it is hard I've only tried it once and never again. Turkeys when in fear run in a zig zag motion that is very hard to lead.
    Bleh ! Thanks anyways !