Thread: Missing map and disconnected

1. Default Missing map and disconnected

I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect section.

I noticed today, around 4:30pm est, that gg_Poison_sky was the next map and upon changing I received the 'you don't have this map' and I am disconnected.

Unfortunately this must have happened across the board because it killed a full server. I did change the map manually so we could get to the next map quicker (end map music), could this have caused it?

Thank you,
    Arb

2. Default

No. That would have not caused it. It would have downloaded both maps most likely for the clients that do not have it.

Poison Sky is definitely on fast downloads (which if it weren't, you would get that error message)
    The direct link to it is: http://ibisservers.com/css/cstrike/m...on_sky.bsp.bz2
    You can also alter that URL to download any other files you might be missing.

We were playing this map early this morning around 5am - server was fine.
    cl_downloadfilter all
    Enter the above into console while disconnected from the server, and it will download any missing files.

3. Default

No, you did nothing wrong. This is something ZERO will need to address, as it seems the server is referencing a map that has been removed.

- - - Updated - - -

If it happened to all players, then something beyond client side commans will need to be done.

4. Default

this happens when the map is spelt wrong it doesnt find the map to download.. all good you can fix yourself by downloading map by searching on google.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang View Post
    I started a vote ban on my self to see how many people hated me they all voted yes and the server banned me.

5. Default

yea did you manually type in the map b/c if you did that can cause it.

6. Default

I did type the name but I don't think that was it since 4-5 people were still playing after the change.

Edit: I should add that I've never had an issue with downloading maps automatically.