Thread: Watching a demo, this shit is cray.

1. Angry Watching a demo, this shit is cray.

SO Ive never recorded or watched a demo before, but I had a player harassing me a few nights ago and wanted to find the demo.

So i went to the IBIS link of demo's found the one I was looking for and tried to download it. (auto-20150701-011011-aim_ag_texture_city_advanced.dem)

I got this error: Setup file 'gameinfo.txt' doesn't exist in subdirectory 'hl2'. Check your - game parameter or VCONFIG setting.

So I looked around and figured out that I needed to reconfigure my HL2 cache. so I did that.

Now when I try and launch the demo it opens HL2....

ALSO when I am in CSS and type 'demoui' into console and try to open the file (which is in the right spot) it doesnt even show up.

BUT if I open console in HL2 and go to the cstrike, I can see the file, but it says "cannot read" when I try to play it (obviously because its for CSS)

Anyone lol?

2. Default

Demo should be in:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\counter strike source
    (Or the equivalent) as it is repectful to your directories and partitions.

Open CS:S, type in console:
    playdemo auto

It will auto parse the file name in a menu below the text box. Click the file name and press enter.

You may then type demoui in console to open the panel, or press (I believe) F5 by default.

3. Default

Also Zoid part of my prob was I was renaming .Dems, and it wouldn't read them. Just keep the name as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

4. Default

yea rosie you can rename them, you have to make sure that you have no spaces, or wrong characters because if you name it wrong it won't be able to play it. I have renamed demos many times because it helped me to keep my demo files organized
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    yea rosie you can rename them, you have to make sure that you have no spaces, or wrong characters because if you name it wrong it won't be able to play it. I have renamed demos many times because it helped me to keep my demo files organized
    Ahah no spaces!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.