Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Admins Abusing Map Change.

1. Default Admins Abusing Map Change.

Hello,

I would like to make a complaint about the admins abusing the map change feature by only changing to maps that they enjoy.
    I've been a part of the Ibis Zombie Mod community for a few months now and it has recently been getting out of hand.
    The main maps that the admins change to are Sorrento, Icecap, Surf, Potter etc.

Today, I was enjoying my time on the server playing the Skyrim map. When the vote for the next map came up, I was excited to see that a Stalker map was the most voted.
    I've never played the Stalker map so I was getting hyped to play it and try it out. However, that never happened. Strongfield, an admin initiated a vote to go to either Minecraft or Sorrento without the consent of other players on the server.
    We started playing Sorrento, which is a map the server plays on multiple times a day.

I think this is absolutely ridiculous that admins are able to abuse the map change power and put it to whatever they want.

Recently, two admins named Cake and Evan have prevented other admins from putting on overplayed garbage and I appreciate their efforts.

Thanks for reading and I hope the map change feature will get a reduction or nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey look. He just changed the map from Sorrento to Minecraft. This is ridiculous.

2. Default

I see this problem many times and feel as if it must be dealt with do to taking away the pleasure of the game mode by not even being able to play on the maps you or the server wanted.

3. Default

Senior admins have the authority to change the map to whatever map they please.

Senior admins are chosen by connected sessions. The longest admin currently online at the time can change the map.
    Senior admins do not apply when a clan member is currently connected. Clan members take that authority upon entry.

When a clan member disconnects, the only seniority is back in place.

4. Default

I wont play on ZM much due to this, its like Sorrento gets played 65 times a day. And Sorrento blows! I could just log on and become senior, since I really never have to turn my comp off and I will play ZM maps where I will rape the score. I.E. TX high school, Mall Beta..... Just think about this other admins, the point of getting admin should be to help the community, not play for your own pleasure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    the point of getting admin should be to help the community, not play for your own pleasure.
    I couldn't have said it better. An administrator is supposed to make sure the server is clean and people are having fun. Having the job of an admin shouldn't be "fun."
    It's a responsibility and they shouldn't be allowed to "change to any map they please."

6. Default

As a senior, I will change the map when I want to what I want. Deal with it.

most likely will be 420_beachstrike
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

7. Default

plain and simple, some admins just suck and want to play maps their good at.
    Honestly tho, as long as their not changing map every 5 mins its not against rules.
    Last edited by $Money$; 07-05-2015 at 08:26 AM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo499 View Post
    I couldn't have said it better. An administrator is supposed to make sure the server is clean and people are having fun. Having the job of an admin shouldn't be "fun."
    It's a responsibility and they shouldn't be allowed to "change to any map they please."
    That's most likely under the scenario where a player becomes an administrator by the amount of time he or she has spent on the server, he or she is law-abiding, and he or she has "hunger," which means he or she is dedicated and/or motivated to clean the server of filth.

Unfortunately, one of the privileges a player receives when purchasing administrator, for $11.00 USD, is being able to change the map whenever he or she may please to do so. Of course, in many eyes of the regulars and/or new players, this is unfair. However, any admin, who is senior, is allowed to be in control of what map the server will go to.

Solution:
    If you want there to be a change, then your best bet is to compose a likert scale survey with viable, concise, and thoughtful questions. Encourage people on the server to join this forum. Once 30+ players from Zombie MOD+ have completed the survey, then Clan Members or ZERO may take the possibility of making adjustments to the rule into consideration.
    //Hence: this is how it would be done in the real world, if someone wanted a change for the better.

9. Default

Alright I made a quick 9 question survey on google forums.

Here's the link: http://goo.gl/forms/0iyfdbVNia

I urge users to answer the questions appropriately.
    Admins, please do not take this survey.

I can view the replies from a spreadsheet and will upload screenshots. To make this fair and prevent spam, the user must have a google account.

Thanks.

10. Default

You're totally missing the point dude..

Have them register HERE. Have them poll HERE. Fuck Google. We need the regulars/members, not Google. Why the hell would you bring this to google? You are entirely missing the point Apex is making.