Thread: Prestige system

1. Default Prestige system

I was talking to Wolfenstinger about ways to revive the server. He really wants to just reset the xp, but we talked about some other ways.

His argument was thus: people were active in order to level their races. Everyone maxed themselves out, and therefore stopped playing. Those that continue to play simply scare away the newbies. When people aren't maxed out, it helps give the iillusion of balanced skill

While I see his point, I really don't want to just see all my progress completely reset, especially as I can not put nearly as much time into the server as I used to. We talked about ways to have people voluntarily reset their xp.

The best way in my opinion would be a prestige system.

People's xp would be converted into points. Their prestiged xp would be saved and phychostats would add that and their current xp to get their score.

There would be a new prestige store where people can spend points to purchase cosmetic items (new player skins, new weapon skins, also maybe one time use items such as a map change the admins can't override) but nothing that will change gameplay in a meaningful way. The only gameplay changing thing that I feel would be acceptable would be prestige only races, which you could buy with points.

We could also do a forceful prestige yearly, just to help give that illusion of balance.

Please, share your thoughts.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

2. Default

Sounds really thought out. I 'm loving the passion here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Logically I reserve the right to step in at any time and make a final judgement. Any judgement made by me can only be reversed by me.

3. Default

I've been trying to figure out ways to make everyone happy while still attempting to make it fun for new people so we can try to get the WCS server to where it was in it's hay day.

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

The whole reason I bring up resetting XP is ... honestly look at it this way, i've been playing on WCS since... 2010 apparently.... shit really? Jan 08, 2010 apparently is the day I started. Well then... 5 years. RIP.

Anyways, between then and now, I've only witnessed what.... at least one reset? That reset took place after 5 months of when I started. Between January and June, I met a lot of people, stabbed a lot of people, went gay for a lot of people, went straight for a lot of people... Yeah it was pretty fun. I think around then is when I did my first "unofficial" official year long ban sentence, despite the server not being up. Blah blah blah, time passed... Eventually I came back on around end of 2011 just as planned, and most the regulars I did play with when the server was at it's prime - either stopped playing due to reasons, play other servers / games, or disappeared off the face of STEAM. Regardless, got to see a bunch of new faces, didn't know ANYONE. Was great, nobody knew about me as a vagalion, especially since it wasn't out yet. Perfect, I can level w/o being noticed too much.

Granted, people had a good head start on me with a couple months, especially since Rank was implemented (imo, rank for WCS is stupid, but knowing total XP is A.O.K). Once you realize that getting Rank on WCS is all about how you spent the time you played on WCS; if you maintained a consistent schedule.... somebody could actually take the #1 spot. With time. The more time spent efficiently on WCS (as in you do objective, kill effectively, don't die as much, tome, etc.) - the faster you'd pass people in rank. The only issue with this is once people stopped playing, you couldn't progress your rank as fast anymore with a consistent schedule. One of the unlisted Top 10 players and "suspected" hackers list - i204 [Gangnam Style] noticed this as time went on before he got perm banned for bhop scripting (thanks Valve). Me being the #1 player (according to game tracker (click me to see) for a long while, it was actually how me and the other top 5 were keeping tabs on who was where in the server, as far as time goes and "score". I don't necessarily know how the scoring system worked here, but I liked looking at it more for time. Eventually, I actually made a profile and tried to remember EVERY SINGLE ALIAS i've changed my STEAM account name to, even if it was for 2 minutes. That information can be seen here at this link if you're really curious.

But Wolf, the fuck does Time have to do with any of this? Well, considering I've maxed all the god damn races twice, Vagalion at least 5 times now (130... 140 vagalion before reset... Maxed 1 time after, and then 1 time on an alt account, plus the like 40 some levels on my other alt), all that "progress" we made can be RE-MADE with effective time usage. Prestige was an idea that popped in my head at one point while talking to a couple people only because I'd of loved to reset for the hell of it. It's HYSTERICAL to embarrass people who are playing a level 50 jack as a level 2 orc, or a lvl 32 spider-man as a lvl 8 night elf. Yeah, those seem near the impossible, but that small % chance to crit somebody in the face or a free root for at least 1-2 seconds to mess up your aim... man, i love it

I STILL would love to push Reset on everything, as it does not effect the Gametracker website at all (as you can tell based off of my stats alone). The bigger problem is, would we actually beable to pool anyone into WCS still? Like, I get that we'll have gun game players coming in. Look at Cyber, he went to WCS... then I stabbed him in the face as a vagalion... tellin me you'll be better than me... fuck you. ... But what about fresh blood. New faces. People who don't even know what the fuck WCS is nor who IBIS is? Randoms. That's the audience we are missing the most for this server. Once we get a steady flow going through, there tends to be a noticeable schedule trend that goes on, as far as when the server is packed the most at X time of the week each week. I'm talkin 20/21 and one person leaves, somebody already took that spot, maintaining 20/21. That... is where I'd like to see the server. Unfortunately, I don't see that, especially since this WCS section was dead for almost 3 months straight, granted that most the threads are sometimes random as hell... Sorry, we don't have much to talk about, but hell, that ain't all my fault necessarily.

Yeah, regardless, I wish you luck. Now... for some "notable WCS threads" :

WCS Server Going to Die Announcement (STEAM pipe announcement) 12 June 2010
    Server Died Officially (THANKS VALVE) 23 June 2010
    WCS Server Live after STEAM Pipe update (18 December 2010)
    Day I got "unbanned" or least around that time (28 May 2011)
    The Spectating Gun Glitch
    Ronnie being "recognized" for 22 hours straight (Good Job buddy)
    11k Dmg screenshot
    Dragonfly Crashes Server month
    Attempting to change "spawn rushing"
    I think some of the first mentions of the !scramble idea
    Friendly Fire Incident (Wow, i wasn't there for that... Lol)
    One of the first WCS Scrims (i don't believe i'm actually in this, couldn't make it)
    Cyber reviewing another WCS server and comparing it to IBIS
    Future Item Suggestion Thread (Still waiting on Tome of Death Experience man...)
    That Hell Hunter Nade ruling though.
    Looting in WCS idea
    Random Screenshot of Biggest Dick Thread
    Burt Furv on Race Change Ideas
    How to Kill Vaginalion / Fagabond [by Brett Foov]
    Eye Ra summoning off map ruling
    Random Leaving the Server Thread pt 1
    Random Leaving the Server Thread pt 2
    STILL WAITING ON TOME OF DEATH EXPERIENCE GUYS [Official Item Comeback Thread from ZERO]
    One of the Player attempted Scrims we tried to run ourselves. Don't repeat our mistakes, rather there's a way we can probably do this on the server easier imo, for an unofficial one.
    Balance and You by ZERO
    Team Stacking and You by YOLO
    How to play WCS feat. Tom Erdenay
    Them sneak bots man!

And for a few more old threads that are related to Eva and some other race things...
    Eva Breaking us pt 1
    Eva Killing Us pt 2
    This Race Suggestion Thread that needs more ideas for fun. Bring an imagination.

With all this though, i'm not making a tl;dr. So if you scrolled all the way down to this, sorry - I ran out of lines. Oh welll... Somebody will enjoy the rambling... Maybe. Idk.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Default

Passarelli <ibis.a>: shady, you should go comment on the threads going in the ibis wcs forum ; p
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: WHY...LOL
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: i dont play there
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: im tryin to bring it back to life
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: now, why don't you play there anymore? ; p
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: the updated version is gay
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: and this other server over here im on has more races
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: and is more orientated
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: bah. i hate 3/4ths of the races here
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: yea but the old ecs ibis was better
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: the new version of vaga and the fact many races still need to be made
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: but zero has no time
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: or dont care
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: fuck u
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: lol
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: <3
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: bond isnt bad, just need to get used to it. the biggest part is getting people into the server which is what i'm tryin to do ; p
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: i make ppl rage....
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: u dont want me there
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: and all my shits maxed
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: so its boring after i rape face for so long
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: im almost maxed out of non donor races here and like 22 races for donor left
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: and they still make more
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: almost every other month
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: lol. im tryin to get a prestige system implimented so that it'll reset the races
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: and yeah, some more races would be nice
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: and here u can level over max but it dont do nothin but gain u levels
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: zero was supposed to do that a long time ago
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: yea
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: he was supposed to do alot
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: but never did
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: thats why peeps leftr
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: i'll try to get him to get crackin
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: he dont care
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: if nothin else, you should play in the scrim i'm tryin to organize ;p
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: ill rape yall
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: lol, i doubt it
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: u forget whom u speak too
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: pshaw
    Passarelli <ibis.a>: you know i'm ranked 2 now? lawl
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: dude....
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: i was late joining the ibis relaunch
    รɦɑɗy ѵ1ʀu5™: and was ranked 1 for over 3 years then took a very long break came back and ppl finally passed my rank

Shady gave a few good points here. The main one is that the reprogram isn't done yet, and the planned over-leveling system was never implemented and that we have had 1 new race in a loooooooooooooooong time.

6. Default

Do a reset, implement overleveling, and make new races -- in that order. I lost interest after maxing out before alchemist came out. Alchemist was not an addition that made things interesting again. I would have rather started playing it before my other races were maxed. Reset, reset, reset. Prestige is not enough to bring me back nor do I think it will retain those players that do come back. Tabula rasa.

7. Default

Scribble, what I was suggesting is a reset, but that would actually give people something from the reset (what that is can be decided afterwards, just store how much xp was lost). The first one should be mandatory ASAP, then once people start maxing out, reset it again--likely in about a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    actually give people
    Figuring we had people. The server needs to re-develop it's playerbase again. It sucks yes, but who will benefit more, the player wanting to keep everything they worked on for the past 2 years, or the server? If anything, the STEAM pipe update wasn't a terrible idea to force us to reset, as we would've kept playing with all the glitches and bugs regardless back then until they were fixed, only because we could over-level a race.

Prestige in WCS, is only a soft reset by choice. My vote is still on a reset every 2 years, but that's just me. It's like scribble said, tabula rasa.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    Prestige in WCS, is only a soft reset by choice. My vote is still on a reset every 2 years, but that's just me. It's like scribble said, tabula rasa.

If you read what I said, "The first one should be mandatory ASAP, then once people start maxing out, reset it again--likely in about a year." I pretty much agreed with you. Just because you force a reset once in a while doesn't mean you can't ease the pain of losing everything by giving them something that doesn't really matter in terms of game play.

The prestige system can be worked out later. Just store how much xp was lost for each person until that happens.