Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats with all the sudden adding of inactive players in the zm stats?

1. Default

I don't know if the stats page for ZM is wrong. but pooter only played on the IBIS server for a month. if you look at his page it says the first time seen was on june 3rd of 2008 and the last time seen was june 30th 2008. he only played for a month if that thing is correct and yet he still managed to earn that much skill and that many kills??
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    It takes skill to play ZM? I never saw it as something you could be better or worse at then someone.
    get out of my brain!!!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I don't know if the stats page for ZM is wrong. but pooter only played on the IBIS server for a month. if you look at his page it says the first time seen was on june 3rd of 2008 and the last time seen was june 30th 2008. he only played for a month if that thing is correct and yet he still managed to earn that much skill and that many kills??
    The stats page is way off... Pooter was a player and an admin on IBIS for much longer than that.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    who was at 3400 skill points before the stats change, not 5 k and how the fuck was he THAT good with only 200 hours of playtime?
    Eth plays when he can camp a vent or tube with a para, or leech off other barricaders, otherwise he doesn't play (or so I've seen/been told by half the regulars). Though he did start doing what I do at times, and become a zombie on escape maps to get tons of kills. But Kavinsky, doing just this all the time, and only for rank (though I'm not sure if he does it for rank or not, or if its even a he..), it takes all the fun out of it. I do it for the fun and the creativity you get from thinking up new barricades.

If your talking about Eth that is..

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    pooter was rediculous at this game.. he knew every possible secret.. and oddly enough 90% of the time if hes not the first zombie he will be the last person alive.. i know.. i use to always follow him around when he used to play last year .. i miss those days ...
    Ask any regular who plays with me, they know I'm usually the one to survive the longest if I don't choose to be the zombie, or start as one (not trying to seem cocky, sorry if I am). As for knowing the secrets, that just comes from playing alot. I'm fairly sure I know a decent amount of them, though I never use them often.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig <ibis> View Post
    It takes skill to play ZM? I never saw it as something you could be better or worse at then someone.
    Try not being cheap (camping in tubes or vents with a para), and finding new places to hold out or barricade. One of the rules are to have fun, I enjoy finding new places to barricade, using a bit of creativity and surviving in places most people would say is impossible. I guess that trait is considered skill.
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 05-04-2009 at 02:17 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5. Default

True Dat brah.

6. Default

Yeah thats why I tried to find the best hiding spots instead of cading, its much more fun and suspenseful to hide instead of cade and get kills and to be the last one left wondering if there going to find you before the rounds over. it's just that everyone knows where the best hiding spots are now, either that or they trip over you while parachuting so theres no point in doing so till we get new maps or the parachutes get disabled.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Eth plays when he can camp a vent or tube with a para, or leech off other barricaders, otherwise he doesn't play (or so I've seen/been told by half the regulars). Though he did start doing what I do at times, and become a zombie on escape maps to get tons of kills. But Kavinsky, doing just this all the time, and only for rank (though I'm not sure if he does it for rank or not, or if its even a he..), it takes all the fun out of it. I do it for the fun and the creativity you get from thinking up new barricades.

If your talking about Eth that is..
    Started copying you? Don't flatter yourself. I started playing on this ZM server long before you have. Most people on the server today don't recognize me because I took a six month hiatus from the server. You can see my old post here.

So if I camp in tubes and vents all the time (which I do), what's the difference between that and binding a key to spec so you can get away? I even remember a few times where you've disconnected when I was about to tag you. Obviously those kinds of tactics isn't for rank hoarding right?

The only map I won't play on is Mines of Moria. I've never disconnected off the server for any other map, so I don't know who these "regulars" are that's saying I don't play.

Edit: I take that last comment back. Since we do play Mines of Moria so ridiculously often, it probably does seem like I disconnect half the time.
    Last edited by eth; 05-04-2009 at 10:37 AM.

8. Default

I just read your older post eth. sounds like playing in ZM last year was tough. But you have to admit one thing, those problems aren't really around anymore. sure the occasional one comes along but for the most part the ZM server has gotten really fun and rules are always enforced and followed. I know that zero has finals and is delayed with all the usual administrative duties of his. But just be ready for the new batch of admins. there is bound to be one abuser in there.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by eth View Post
    Started copying you? Don't flatter yourself. I started playing on this ZM server long before you have. Most people on the server today don't recognize me because I took a six month hiatus from the server. You can see my old post here.

So if I camp in tubes and vents all the time (which I do), what's the difference between that and binding a key to spec so you can get away? I even remember a few times where you've disconnected when I was about to tag you. Obviously those kinds of tactics isn't for rank hoarding right?

The only map I won't play on is Mines of Moria. I've never disconnected off the server for any other map, so I don't know who these "regulars" are that's saying I don't play.

Edit: I take that last comment back. Since we do play Mines of Moria so ridiculously often, it probably does seem like I disconnect half the time.
    Any time I do join spectate it's usually because someone screws up my barricade, and I don't feel like dying because of some idiot who wouldn't listen or wanted to screw me over. If I do build a barricade by myself, and zombies breach it, I do take the tag.

I have nothing against you, and I wasn't trying to flatter myself. I'm mostly just going by what people have told me. If you read what I said I question myself at least once. Its good to have an old player back in the server but just vent camping or tube camping all the time is a rather boring way to win.
    If you d/c, you don't win.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

oh as a side note, the stat page doesn't update anymore. Ever since it reset itself and put all the inactive players on there. Last stat update on my page was May 1st.