Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats with all the sudden adding of inactive players in the zm stats?

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeimuzu View Post
    Eth plays when he can camp a vent or tube with a para, or leech off other barricaders, otherwise he doesn't play (or so I've seen/been told by half the regulars). Though he did start doing what I do at times, and become a zombie on escape maps to get tons of kills. But Kavinsky, doing just this all the time, and only for rank (though I'm not sure if he does it for rank or not, or if its even a he..), it takes all the fun out of it. I do it for the fun and the creativity you get from thinking up new barricades.

If your talking about Eth that is..
    Quote Originally Posted by eth View Post
    Started copying you? Don't flatter yourself. I started playing on this ZM server long before you have. Most people on the server today don't recognize me because I took a six month hiatus from the server. You can see my old post here.

So if I camp in tubes and vents all the time (which I do), what's the difference between that and binding a key to spec so you can get away? I even remember a few times where you've disconnected when I was about to tag you. Obviously those kinds of tactics isn't for rank hoarding right?

The only map I won't play on is Mines of Moria. I've never disconnected off the server for any other map, so I don't know who these "regulars" are that's saying I don't play.

Edit: I take that last comment back. Since we do play Mines of Moria so ridiculously often, it probably does seem like I disconnect half the time.
    O yay a zm fight... This will be entertaining

Sorry, for the interruption but I couldn't resist.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    O yay a zm fight... This will be entertaining

Sorry, for the interruption but I couldn't resist.
    bad hodgie!!!
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    oh as a side note, the stat page doesn't update anymore. Ever since it reset itself and put all the inactive players on there. Last stat update on my page was May 1st.
    That's pretty much why I started this thread, Fred.
    That and its really f***ed up right now.

And Hodgie, we aren't fighting. D=
    Just having a conversation.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

4. Default

Eth, just because someone does something cheap, doesn't make what you do any less cheap.

5. Default

Cheap? Who said anything about being cheap. It's illegal to run into spec.

6. Default

Cheap? Who said anything about being cheap. It's illegal to run into spec.
    Never seen anyone do that on my time here.

7. Default

K were not fighting over who's been in ZM the longest, cause i remember when it 1st came out! Summer of 2007, i believe.

Killa B
    Pooter
    G4ce
    Nato
    me... best of times.! 14 hours a day during weekends in highschool, that much fun...
    Many more, only ones i can remember...

These players were the "best" players according to the old [IBIS 131337] TAG
    ( if any of you recall, i can only name a few...) but thats when the ZM was amazingly fun...., Hell its still good.
    As for ETH he's been around along time, theirs no dought about it. Even though for me he plays so boring, by hiding in what people would call "pussy" spots. I mean if he wants to do it, so be it, if he's having fun who gives a shit. It's all about fun.

The new players, well last 6 months i guess... are not bad at all, really. They bring good competition to the server and new ideas within the game to make it better.

As for people who want high rank, let em at it. As long as their not cheating their way to the top, or being stat whores...
    like going to spectate or disconnecting b4 dieing ect...

I can say Jeiz i love you man, but ive seen you hop into spectate a few times that i don't think you should have. I'd much rather see you !ztele.... But that's also against the rules, but dude don't go into spectate anymore just to show that you don't need to cheat your way out of anything to be on top.

ETH dude, your a classic ZM on the server and prob 1 of the better caders around but i do see you do such boring things i wanna scream on my mic telling you to do something fun! Hell i got alot of respect for you man, just some people don't have all the information, and that's why theirs a word called ignorant

ZM players shouldn't be fighting over bullshit, summers around the cornor which means fuckhole for the ZM.

love ya guys, P.S Inthebutt take birthcontrol you slut.
    Last edited by THE HOLY SH**T!; 05-04-2009 at 10:55 PM.

8. Default

Don't get me wrong, I love to cade. But I would much rather be bored then logged off for the night pissed off because people keep breaking cades or doing stupid stuff. People will purposely get tagged and screw over everyone in the room. I don't remember this being a problem last summer, yet it's been a giant problem since I started playing again last month.

There's a reason why you don't hear me talk in the ZM server. I use my mic all the time in other servers, but you'll never hear me talk in the ZM server. I simply get too frustrated and I'd just spend the entire time bitching at people.

Get a handful of good admins to control all the idiots in the server and I'll never tube or vent camp.

9. Default

Don't get me wrong, I love to cade. But I would much rather be bored then logged off for the night pissed off because people keep breaking cades or doing stupid stuff. People will purposely get tagged and screw over everyone in the room. I don't remember this being a problem last summer, yet it's been a giant problem since I started playing again last month.

There's a reason why you don't hear me talk in the ZM server. I use my mic all the time in other servers, but you'll never hear me talk in the ZM server. I simply get too frustrated and I'd just spend the entire time bitching at people.

Get a handful of good admins to control all the idiots in the server and I'll never tube or vent camp.
    I agree with you completely about the people who will purposely get tagged and what not, and it has been a problem recently, one that I've noticed at least. Hopefully when I get my admin back, I'll be there to rid the server of barricade breakers, and we can all start enjoying the game to it's fullest.

As for getting pissed off though, (which I admit I do get rather annoyed especially after awhile of continuous cade breakers) I realize that in the end it is all just a game. Besides, the risk, and making the best of people's random shootings, is what makes it fun at times, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    I can say Jeiz i love you man, but ive seen you hop into spectate a few times that i don't think you should have. I'd much rather see you !ztele.... But that's also against the rules, but dude don't go into spectate anymore just to show that you don't need to cheat your way out of anything to be on top.
    I will do, and have been usually(don't go into spectate anymore just to show that you don't need to cheat your way out of anything to be on top). Just with the exception of going to a barricade spot, someone coming in and ruining everything after I'm half set up, me running out, and basically being screwed because of the person X_X.. Once again, maybe when I get my admin back there will be less of that going on. I had it happen to me just 10 minutes ago or so when I was playing, I made a barricade in Desert Fortress, some guy came up and he stood there. I asked him to go somewhere else and to not shoot the barricade, he shoots it in and runs, and a zombie comes running in. I imagine that's what pisses Eth off.

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    ZM players shouldn't be fighting over bullshit,
    Again, we aren't fighting D=
    Just having a conversation.

One last thing! Any chance the [IBIS 131337] tag could be revived? I may not be good enough to join those ranks yet, but maybe eventually!
    Last edited by Jeimuzu; 05-05-2009 at 02:05 AM.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10. Default

I thought I was making a difference with the cade breakers and stuff...when I hear cade breaking, I immediately head to spectate, view the victim and deal with the cade breaker accordingly (i.e. freeze [if they throw a grenade, 1 day ban], bans, so forth). I realize now even though if I take out as many cade breakers as I possibly can, there will still be more noobs out there that cade breaks because they don't know the rules or lack common sense. Most of the cade breakers out there aren't assholes who do it intentionally. They just need to learn some proper ettiquette about spots that have been caded already.

Which is why if you want to prevent people from cade breaking to get in your cade or throw a lousy nade, you need to start using a MIC. I can admit that the more intimidating players are the ones with a mic that is commanding (or at least a lovable voice that people can enjoy...like that guy with the midget voice that came into the server about a year ago when I played...LOL).