Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fast zombies on escape maps

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Why is it that we can never get along in these forums...

If fast zombies were taken out or slowed down, it be too easy to win. You all would hate me cause I would kill the zombie within 30 seconds of the round. Also you get a sense of accomplishment if you can beat an escape map. If we start cutting down the difficulty then it will become easier and then less desirable to play. I know I wouldn't want to play a map that I can beat almost every single round. Its about team work and if you got fucktard noobs who do not know how to cooperatively play then oh well...

Now lets get some alcohol and have fun in ZM!
    If the fast zombies still gave the humans a chance to win in escape maps there wouldn't be much of a problem.

However if you have two fast zombies, they easily catch up to every single player and ruin the game.

And Kavinsky: If people were smart enough to GUARD THE DESTROYED STAIRS instead of jump off, the zombies would have a very low chance of being able to tag a human before the humans make it past the bridge.

2. Default

as soon as you get out of the hall with the baracaded doors a teleport opens up infront of that hall, that's maybe 15 feet away from the path the humans take.

Guess what happens when a mass of zombies go throught it that while people are not paying attention to the left side of the path.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    If the fast zombies still gave the humans a chance to win in escape maps there wouldn't be much of a problem.

However if you have two fast zombies, they easily catch up to every single player and ruin the game.
    You sound like a whiner. If I was a predator I could easily catch up to every single one of you guys. Its all how you play the game. Just cause its hard doesn't mean you have to make it easier to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    as soon as you get out of the hall with the baracaded doors a teleport opens up infront of that hall, that's maybe 15 feet away from the path the humans take.
    Mines of Moria is gay like that, man I hate that map so much.

4. Default

hey playing zmod has gotten redundant for me because of maps like that,
    I used to be on the server for half the day, now I only come on for one or two maps, not only because of maps like that but because of all the kids that we seem to be getting on, I hate there fucking high pitched voices, and it ussually takes an admin, if there is one on 4 minutes to get around to muting them, sometime about 20 seconds if theres a good admin on.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    hey playing zmod has gotten redundant for me because of maps like that,
    I used to be on the server for half the day, now I only come on for one or two maps, not only because of maps like that but because of all the kids that we seem to be getting on, I hate there fucking high pitched voices, and it ussually takes an admin, if there is one on 4 minutes to get around to muting them, sometime about 20 seconds if theres a good admin on.
    thats why when I'm senior admin, I refuse to go to maps like mines of moria. its not even that great of an escape map. yes it was nice to have some new maps but now that we've played it and tried it, this is one that has to go.

kavinsky you know I don't deal with mic spammers. just play when I play.

for the fast zombie, its not that great of a class of zombie. the only thing it has going for it is it's speed. Its HP is way to low, 8 or 10 direct hits to the head and its done for.

I also see that jigsaw is on the forums again, come play some ZM jigsaw!!
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    for the fast zombie, its not that great of a class of zombie. the only thing it has going for it is it's speed. Its HP is way to low, 8 or 10 direct hits to the head and its done for/
    Shit dude shutup! Thats how I get my kills!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by anex View Post
    Shit dude shutup! Thats how I get my kills!
    my bad anex the truth was I really thought you had an aim bot on
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    my bad anex the truth was I really thought you had an aim bot on

Seriously! Dude! An aim bot?! I do not use an aim bot. I use an automated system that calibrates my cursor to follow the "said" hit box of my opponent.

Two totally different things.

9. Default

I'd like to complain about fast zombies on escape maps because humans never win them anymore. But really, I can't.

We used to be able to win the escape maps (mines not included because it's new and there are obvious problems with the teleport system) without any problem. Jurassic in particular comes to mind because the longest segment of the map is totally flat. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing that has changed in relation to movement is the parachute.

The thing is, to restrict/slow significantly the speed zombie is pointless because that's not the problem. Like Anex said, the problem is the lack of cooperation and the lack of skill many players have when it comes to jumping (and other things that don't come to mind at the moment, I'm specifically thinking about jurassic park right now).

Oh, and please don't expand the blast radius for the grenade, I hate the fire.

A general idea for grenades would be to have fire instead of blinding from flash grenades, then have the frag as a high kickback tool. This would also prevent a lot of unintentional cade breaking because people throwing grenades around the corner would be more likely to use the DoT grenade instead of something that would just throw the zombie back.
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

10. Default

indeed its much more than just the fast zombies that are causing us trouble its this sudden influx of new players that we've been comming across thats causing most of the trouble, everythime we play jurassic park theres atleast one or two people ahead of us who shoot the boards down on other players, slowing everyone down, the same goes for all the jurrasic park themed maps too.