Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fast zombies on escape maps

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you know what we should do for the fast, crank the speed on that sucker all the way up, to as high as it would go. Than people wouldn't wanna play as that class cause they can't control it, those who can either have mad skill or are just hacking
    Yes please.

2. Default

after awhile everyone would adjust to the speed and start owning everyone, the humans would have even less of a chance on an escape, between the incredible speed and the parachutes.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

Whyt doesnt even play the ZM servers so he doesnt need to worry about logical stipulations made by admins.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post
    i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

if you hit them... they will fly backwards...

get good and dont be nubs. geezus.
    ROFL!! You forgot the "SHOOT'M IN THE HEAD!"

I think the knock-back on fasts isn't enough. I don't know Zero's proportions for knock-back versus speed, but seems like fasts can avoid knock-back by doing the running while strafing technique. Reducing straft speed on fasts might remove this, but I think this was discussed a year ago and wasn't possible?

Also, maybe fast zombies are like drag racers, where they can go forward incredibly fast but they slip around and can't take corners well? So fast zombies would always have problems stopping or turning, making it easier for a human to evade even in close combat with the knock-back. They'd always be sliding around depending on how fast they're going. Kinda making it hard to aim yourself like inthebutt was stressing in his idea.

As far as Mines of Moria is concerned, Zero has always offered to tailor settings for each map to accommodate problems like this. Maybe he can just nudge zombie speeds down for this map in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am going to be working on having a mod make the nades have a bigger blast radius on some maps along with more damage. This will result in the zombies being on fire easier and longer thus making them slower. Alternatively, I could try to develop a mod that turns flashes into stun nades or something and enable them only on escape maps. Such a nade would make zombies slower but would not do dammage and would be stackable.
    Both are awesome ideas. Would it be possible to make the fire damage cumulative for multiple nade strikes? So, if several humans toss a bunch of nades onto the same zombie(s), the zombies would be on fire longer.

Maybe flashes can blind the zombies for periods relating to their distance like the fire from HE grenades now?

Don't necessarily need to turn them on only for escape maps, since they could be useful to use when a barricade is going down. Humans could pop a flash and run out the opened barricade while the zombies are blind.