Thread: Fast zombies on escape maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Fast zombies on escape maps

whyt made me come over here hahaha

So the thing I wanna address is, fast zombies. Now that whyt has pointed out we can't have a map rule of no fast zombies on zm_mines_of_moria. This is not the only map fast zombies have a far greater advantage on. Most escape maps are over way to quick cause of this class of zombies. Now there isn't anything wrong with it, its a great class but we should tone down the speed on speed zombies on some maps.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

2. Default

ITB = Monkey Arms

3. Default

i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

if you hit them... they will fly backwards...

get good and dont be nubs. geezus.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post
    i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

yes fast zombies have more kickback, but they can strafe better to. which means they can dodge bullets better. most players don't know how to lead there shots, but I'm off for tonight. my buzz is kicking in.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    most players don't know how to lead there shots,
    Read "most zm players can't aim for shit"

6. Default

I believe zer0 said, if the admins beleive something is unfair, or to one sided, the admins can take a vote to ensure that no players are allow to use the spot or the thing players are complaining about.

He said something along the lines of that, within the forums...

So pretty much, if admins think that fast zombies are unfair on escape maps, admins have the rights to make them "illegal" to use. We can just freeze players who are fast zombies to make it more fair.

Whyt, you know that the fast zombies move to fast? There hitboxes are incredibly small and are hard to keep up with.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post

shoot the zombie...

ROFL!! You forgot the "SHOOT'M IN THE HEAD!"

I think the knock-back on fasts isn't enough. I don't know Zero's proportions for knock-back versus speed, but seems like fasts can avoid knock-back by doing the running while strafing technique. Reducing straft speed on fasts might remove this, but I think this was discussed a year ago and wasn't possible?

Also, maybe fast zombies are like drag racers, where they can go forward incredibly fast but they slip around and can't take corners well? So fast zombies would always have problems stopping or turning, making it easier for a human to evade even in close combat with the knock-back. They'd always be sliding around depending on how fast they're going. Kinda making it hard to aim yourself like inthebutt was stressing in his idea.

As far as Mines of Moria is concerned, Zero has always offered to tailor settings for each map to accommodate problems like this. Maybe he can just nudge zombie speeds down for this map in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am going to be working on having a mod make the nades have a bigger blast radius on some maps along with more damage. This will result in the zombies being on fire easier and longer thus making them slower. Alternatively, I could try to develop a mod that turns flashes into stun nades or something and enable them only on escape maps. Such a nade would make zombies slower but would not do dammage and would be stackable.
    Both are awesome ideas. Would it be possible to make the fire damage cumulative for multiple nade strikes? So, if several humans toss a bunch of nades onto the same zombie(s), the zombies would be on fire longer.

Maybe flashes can blind the zombies for periods relating to their distance like the fire from HE grenades now?

Don't necessarily need to turn them on only for escape maps, since they could be useful to use when a barricade is going down. Humans could pop a flash and run out the opened barricade while the zombies are blind.