Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New CS:GO Server?

1. Default

Trying to figure out how to actually change the server settings. It is locking me out of things like number of rounds ect.

2. Default

oh got it

3. Default

If things go as planned I should be able to have it finished by the end of the week.

Please start posting maps you want added to the server.

4. Default

I don't know much about cs:go but doesn't that seem like too many levels? I think most gg servers on go have like ~23 levels. But, I'm not sure as I don't play it much. Would love to see a cs:go-er's opinion on that

5. Default

When I was playing against bots it went fast.

6. Default

I have added all of these and some other maps so we are at 17 total for now. As we move further into testing we will remove any bad maps and try to start the server with some core maps that everyone will want to play. We should also investigate if there are any new popular cs:go maps that we have never played that may attract players.

7. Default

Is GG popular on CSGO? Looking at Gamebanana the last uploaded map for GG was 2 months ago.

8. Default

These is likely more maps on the workshop most likely.

Also remember that valve makes it so that mods are virtually non existent in go. Most of the servers and players are on valves servers using match making and quick play. The actual number of real players in CS:GO is significantly less than CS:S. It is better to think of CS:GO as 98% console gamers. There is something like 14 gg servers for the entire game, 4 of which have players. However, I do not believe that many of the servers in CS:GO offer a "classic" take on gg as we do and as a result we should be able to attract many players who long for the classic style gg.

9. Default

So I figured out that your server will get an icon in the server list for the mod your running based not on the mod your running but valve detecting the name of the maps your running. Therefore all maps need to have gg_ in order for this to work correctly.

I will adjust all our maps accordingly when I have time, this will really help people find the server as new users when it goes live.