Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SPYFALL Game #001. LOCATION WAS AT <MILITARY BASE>

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    Too late.
    NOPE.
    GG. Blackmage the SPY wins game #001 as the location was at the <Military Base>.

Read the damn note I made, I said it OVER AND OVER again.
    When you guys decide on who to vote, the spy gets a chance to guess the location...

hell even BM quoted it for u a few posts back.

The whole point of the "spy gets to guess first" is because the game doesn't favor the spy at all as the townies can keep on extending days until they trapped the spy, so this is the known real life rule of "giving the spy a chance to guess" in order to severely punish any slip ups.

The biggest slip up that gave away the game was starsmine's first answer. That literally gave away the hardest part for BM. If starsmine wouldn't have answered so poorly, BM would have been clueless and on the fence the ENTIRE game, and thus why the game doesn't favor the spy, but stupidity does.

lol

(Discuss this game while i set up the sign up thread for Game 2)

EDIT: This game was a good PRACTICE RUN, but i will be tweaking the rules for hte next game just because some loopholes were pointed out by me, and the second stars gave away the location, it was the SPY's game, but had stars not done that, BM was in shit all game.... so it's hard to balance around that one game, but i know for a fact i'm tweaking a couple things based on some research i made.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Rosie: Very nice question to start.

Stars: Would have gone with "the sounds of orders" or something. All of my answers got better after you gave me that much.

Pass: The head of the military in the US is the president.

Mainly didn't guess day 1 because I wasn't sure if it would be slightly different, such as Training camp, or some such nonsense.

Was fun, thanks for trying to clear me, and good job those who caught my blunder at the start. However, be aware that there are outliers. The card game has a "Deserter" who would have given that answer for the first question. I was trying to go for something along the lines of "Civilian Contractor", but anyway, good job keeping the pressure up.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

3. Default

Rosie's original question was absolutely gorgeous.
    Rosie I'd MVP the shit out of you if it mattered :P

You single handedly asked a great question while also pressuring the spy decently enough until stars slipped, and that's when blackmage was able to answer more appropriately, but still had to struggle with this original answer slip up.

This is why the game could have easily went sideways for BM and it would have ended in like 3 questions in if people knew not to give up too much info, which is the point of this exercise.

ALSO, scribble's question about "what do you wear for casual friday" was CLEARLY a trap. and it would have completely fucked over the spy if he had to answer that question with anything BUT "i dont get any", had stars not slipped before that.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Make sure that ALL of the rules are in one place--the first post. Having to look in 5 places is retarded.

People need to start thinking carefully about their questions and answers. Stars, I really don't know how you didn't see baseball as the correct answer to my question. Put some thought into it.

Cyber, if you take out Star's retarded answer, there is still enough information out there to get the correctly answer, especially with Trigger's last answer. Given, that was from Star's question.

You should put in the spy accusation thing rather then this current system.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    Make sure that ALL of the rules are in one place--the first post. Having to look in 5 places is retarded.

People need to start thinking carefully about their questions and answers. Stars, I really don't know how you didn't see baseball as the correct answer to my question. Put some thought into it.

Cyber, if you take out Star's retarded answer, there is still enough information out there to get the correctly answer, especially with Trigger's last answer. Given, that was from Star's question.

You should put in the spy accusation thing rather then this current system.

again this was a first run practice and the sign up for game 2 has tweaks that fixes that EXACT issue to solve those voting problems.

And to be fair, i didnt even know the answer for ur ball question... maybe because i'm not 'murrican?

6. Default

Blackmage, the head of the hierarchy in any single branch is a general. The president is a civilian put in charge of those generals. He is in charge, but not in the hierarchy itself. I knew what you meant, even though you are wrong, hence my answer.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't have baseballs in Mexico?

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

7. Default

Yeah, good work guys, he was totally cleared by his answers on day 1.............
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Tinker Tailor Soldier...
    This is what made me think him cleared.

Also, keep in mind on a military base there is support personnel that are civilians. Hell, the PAX is basically a Walmart. People also live on base. He could have been a housewife.

9. Default

His answers gave no real info that would allow him to be cleared. they were just cookie cutter generic.

- - - Updated - - -

And shoes was just wrong
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

10. Default

Pass: Actually, what you just said is a problem I see us having, at least short term. People will expect answers that someone else just won't get. I would NOT have come up with baseball. However, would you have accepted American Football? Don't some branches have an annual game on thanksgiving? Also, people will convince themselves they know the "correct" answer, because of personal knowledge, or lack thereof, and based upon background. American Military vs Saudi Military would likely have had some very different answers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.