Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What did you buy?

1. Default

I got some scotchguarded pants for Sin........
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

I fucking hate you scribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I fucking hate you scribble.
    Seems about right.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

4. Default

Andddd bought my mom an unlocked Samsung Galaxy s5 neo yesterday, because I got a deal from my provider to cut the price from 550$ to 200$ with some reward points otherwise I'd be transferring providers lol.

Haggling was never my strong suite ironically...

- - - Updated - - -

What they don't know is that I have already transfered providers to my free company account during this week, and they are processing my shit since last week...
    They had it coming though lol
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

ha yay. Iam 17 years old now and I got a job based on 400€/month

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Andddd bought my mom an unlocked Samsung Galaxy s5 neo yesterday, because I got a deal from my provider to cut the price from 550$ to 200$ with some reward points otherwise I'd be transferring providers lol.

Haggling was never my strong suite ironically...

- - - Updated - - -

What they don't know is that I have already transfered providers to my free company account during this week, and they are processing my shit since last week...
    They had it coming though lol
    Verizon won't use my reward points for shit.... How you do this?! 9 year customer here.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

Quickfire Rapid (Browns)
    Yuru Yuri San Hai! Vol 6
    Fallout 4

I might buy a new SSD + 4GB of RAM or a new video card. I'm trying to decide between a 970 and 290.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    Verizon won't use my reward points for shit.... How you do this?! 9 year customer here.
    Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    I got a deal from my provider to cut the price from 550$ to 200$ with some reward points otherwise I'd be transferring providers lol.
    You wanna make it happen? you gotta suffer a wall of text lol.

here's how + something I refer to as "information Compartmentalization" (more on that later).

Step 1: Call your provider customer service ON THE PHONE.
    Your lines: "I've even been with my Fido/Rogers service ~6 years (less than u steamer), and I think I have some bad news.You see, my company's forcing me to use the company mobile plan with another provider, since I travel a lot for work, and they refuse to pay what I have been willingly paying for Fido all those years. It's a shame because even though I was paying more than some people I know, I hate change as person.".

Then added "honestly, I like your service more, I'm somewhat forced to change providers due to work reasons, BUT if if things fall off, I'd be looking for a provider to fallback on, and I'd rather to have a good memory of you Fido. Hell, I've been even telling my mother and younger sister to switch off those crappy infinite data plan like Wind and Mobilicity, even though they offer unlimited data, because your coverage and speed was a lot better. It's a shame that I'd be wasting all those Fido Dollars reward points i've accumulated over 6 years".

(blah blah don't care much what they reply with unless it's some kind of a deal).

Then you *cough* SUDDENLY *cough* notice something "Hey wait a second, is there a chance for me to transfer my points to my sister or my mother IF I managed to bring them to the company instead of me?"

(rep will get confused unless he' a manager because it's an uncommon request), keep going with "Because if i were to just lose 300 bucks worth of reward points, it would reflect badly on my decision making if i ever wanted to come back to you guys after i finish work, plus it would give sister/mother incentive to switch providers, is that something you can hook me up with?

Rep will run it by manager, if you've been a loyal customer and paid on time and you're offering them to bring someone else IN YOUR PLACE since they'll be losing ur service, but gaining your family member's.
    They SHOULD say yes.
    Now they'll ask if you want to do that transfer now, tell them you need to run it by your family member tonight since you "obviously" have no control over their own account since it's not your property, you're merely providing <verizon> a replacement customer before you move.
    They should be playing ball now.

Finish off with "Oh and wait a second, can you put a note on the account that I can transfer my points to a family member, or use them to bring them into your company instead? Because I don't feel like repeating myself the next time, and I'm hoping Fido honors this current deal"
    They should always keep a note.

STEP 2:

FUCK DEALING WITH THEM BY PHONE. They have control over you and they don't care what happens to you because the person is paid by salary.
    So what you REALLY do, is the next day, you walk into a PHONE BOOTH stand in some mall , for verizon, and tell them "hey, yesterday i called customer service and told them that i had to switch providers because of work reasons, and the manager there allowed me to use my reward points to either transfer them to the new account holder (family member), or just use them to invest into a new unlocked phone so that it would bring the family member over. They said they don't normally do that, but they made an exception because i've been a long time customer, they left a note on my account in case a representative like you had to check that"

You see, the representatives there work by commission for selling lines AND phones, so it benefits them to sell you an unlocked phone. They will go and check your account and see a lovely fucking note from the person you contacted in customer support "authorizing the use of reward points for this scenario".

And THAT is what i mentioned earlier about information Compartmentalization, you're sharing just enough information between both parties to make it work for your own benefit, with no backfires.

Customer rep online is happy bcos they gave you a good service online without getting bad review from a customer to their manager.
    Face to face rep is happy because they made commission off of selling an UNLOCKED phone (double confirm there's no contract).
    and you're happy because you managed to save 300$ off a phone.

MAKE SURE YOU WASTE AS MUCH TIME trying to "pick a good phone for them", round it to about 30 mins since the beginning of your chat, i'll tell you why soon.

If they ask you to transfer the phone number for your sister or parent, mention that it's a gift, and that they don't have a line yet but are going to buy a number and line to fido now because of their awesome work. Since they require BY LAW to check for credit for the OWNER of the phone, YOU are technically unable to buy them a phone LINE.
    But they already invested at least 30-45 minutes of their day with you, and they have a phone on the line that they are SO close to selling.
    So you'll offer to just buy the phone today, cash or straight ot phone bill, and then during the holidays, once you gift them the phone, your family member will show up to buy the line if satisfied.

Congratulations, you now bought a big ass phone for half the price.
    Sounds like a lot of work, but it's a lot simple by voice than typing this lol... and it becomes like a simple routine you know by heart lol

So yeah.. again, I've never been a good haggler... but you need to find each person's weakness and exploit it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

tl:dr: Information Compartmentalization is your best friend.
    Last edited by CYBER; 12-17-2015 at 09:03 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

9. Default

This has only worked with an early upgrade with me (4 months off contract for using some points and cash to get a rep their bonus on a review day by purchasing an accessory package at a reasonable deal). Verizon is cutthroat, they give no shits(9 year customer paid on time, early, or multiple month deposits). After they stopped early upgrades, contracts (minus shit deals for grandaddy planned customers[me]) there isn't much better reasons to leave besides service. They wouldn't lower my bill 5 bucks after threatening to leave for prepaid or another service. I'm on the cheapest loyalty plan they have for a 4G smartphone and they won't budge. They won't take my reward points for a cheaper phone contract or shit(verizon rewards are a joke). It's time for me to leave. There is 0 incentive for loyal post paid customers with Verizon. Hell, you can even go prepaid Verizon for 5 bucks cheaper and get a bit more data with promotions. After a lengthy 30 min+ convo with a few reps, they give 0 fucks.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
    This has only worked with an early upgrade with me (4 months off contract for using some points and cash to get a rep their bonus on a review day by purchasing an accessory package at a reasonable deal). Verizon is cutthroat, they give no shits(9 year customer paid on time, early, or multiple month deposits). After they stopped early upgrades, contracts (minus shit deals for grandaddy planned customers[me]) there isn't much better reasons to leave besides service. They wouldn't lower my bill 5 bucks after threatening to leave for prepaid or another service. I'm on the cheapest loyalty plan they have for a 4G smartphone and they won't budge. They won't take my reward points for a cheaper phone contract or shit(verizon rewards are a joke). It's time for me to leave. There is 0 incentive for loyal post paid customers with Verizon. Hell, you can even go prepaid Verizon for 5 bucks cheaper and get a bit more data with promotions. After a lengthy 30 min+ convo with a few reps, they give 0 fucks.
    Did you try seeing if you have any promotional offers?

I know a while back they offered me $300 off any phone's retail price but I had to add an extra year on my contract.