1. Default Pink Monkey | 2-28-16 02:06 | STEAM_0:1:34328180

Name in Game: Pink Monkey

Steam-ID: STEAM_0:1:34328180

Where: GunGame MOD+ Server

Link to ban: http: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans...monkey&Submit=

Reason for perma ban: Bhop Scripts

Demo: auto-20160228-005446-gg_lego_spacetower.dem

2. Default

I respect your opinion; however, I will prove my innocence.

In regards to bunny hopping, the speed is probably what stands out the most, so I will explain what aids me in bunny hopping. For starters, I will point out that my jump is indeed bound to my mousewheel (mwheeldown).

Reason #1: sv_airaccelerate 1000
    This is probably the most prominent reason as to why you can pick up so much speed when bunny hopping. The default value for this particular setting is '10' which would make it nearly impossible to pick up speed through air strafing. Most bunnyhop servers, surf servers, scoutzknivez servers, generally cap this value at '100' while competitive maps, gungame leave it at the default value of '10'. If the server settings were to set it back to default, then none of this demo will be possible.

Reason #2: gg_lego_spacetower
    Every single round, you will notice that I will always go up the middle ramp. The reason for this is simple, jumping off a ramp provides an IMMENSE amount of speed. As long as you land the jump, you will pick up a lot of speed. Then from there, due to the airacceleration of the server, you can pick up even more speed while only needing to decently land jumps. Throughout the video, I jump on several different ramps of varying sizes and accordingly will only pick up a certain amount of speed. If you play on a flatter map, such as deagle, gaining that kind of speed is impossible. But that does not rule out speed gains as a whole.

Reason #3: 100 tickrate
    Before I go specifically into the jumps themselves, this is also one of the only populated gungame servers that uses 100 tick as opposed to 66 tick. The higher the tick rate, the easier it is to bunny hop and MAINTAIN speed. If you check 99% of bhop servers, they will have 100 tickrate. Higher tickrate results in better registry, better command input, etc. Important to maintaining speed when bhopping. High quality server = easier bhops.

Reason #4: Jumps
    Unfortunately, the demo recorded was server-side so determining my velocity throughout the map was impossible. The command to check your velocity is 'cl_showpos 1' with your velocity displayed at the top right. There are 3 levels of incline that you can jump on and you will see this very evidently. Any downward slope I jump on, I will gain speed as long as I make a jump. I ended up missing one jump and gained nearly no speed at all. That part is a given. Then any portion that is flat, you can tell that I lose speed with EVERY jump. A bunny hop script does NOT lose speed. The third incline is any uphill slope. With any bunny hop script, you actually do not lose speed going up an incline and will actually ramp off of it instead of losing speed.

Reason #5: Air Strafing
    In this demo, I used 3 different styles of strafing. The first is the most common where you only use A-D while turning your mouse left and right and guide your player where he wants to go. This is what I use a majority of the time. The second style of strafing I use is a flick A-D which I will use almost all the time underground. On the lower levels of gg_lego_spacetower, the ceiling is much lower than the max jump height meaning there's less air time in between jumps and less time to pick up speed. By doing a quick left/right flick while jumping, you can limit the amount of speed you lose. Several times, I could not consistently land the jumps and lost all my speed as a result. Finally, the last strafe style I used was a WA-WD strafe. Instead of holding just A or D, I would hold WA or WD which lets me bunny hop with my screen angled. The purpose for this strafe style is for landing back knives. Most of the time, if you're trying to knife someone, they're going to keep their back away from you and then makes a back knife a lot more difficult. Using the bunny hop speed to your advantage, you can out turn them in your client with your screen pointed at a much better angle for a back knife than if you were to use a regular A-D strafe.

Reason #6: Turns
    When bhopping, I pivot the mouse using my wrist without lifting it meaning I can only turn so much one way or the other. I can never infinitely turn left or right because of the physical limitations of my wrist. Yes, I COULD pick up the mouse, but that isn't my playing habit and it is shown in the demo. In order to pick up speed, you need to turn in concentric circles. This is best demonstrated using the console commands '+left' and '+right' paired up with 'cl_yawspeed #' on how smooth turns result in higher velocity. The reason this is important is, my strafes are more often than not, not smooth.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

3. Default

I read your reply and appreciate your input, but the consistency and rate of your bhopping looked very convincing to me as bhop scripts.
    Last edited by MadGamer101; 02-28-2016 at 05:42 AM.

4. Default

wait we use 100tik? I thought we gave that up after the OB update. OB update made 100tik unstable
    Last edited by Joker; 02-28-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by StarsMine View Post
    wait we use 100tik? I thought we gave that up after the OB update. OB update made 100tik unstable
    this is right, we run a 66 tick server. and 100 tick servers don't exist anymore because it's very unstable and they have to run a script in order to get it up to 100 tick. I'll review this later.
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

I messed up.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    this is right, we run a 66 tick server. and 100 tick servers don't exist anymore because it's very unstable and they have to run a script in order to get it up to 100 tick. I'll review this later.
    My apologies on assuming 100 tick. Hell of a server for 66 tick. What kind of hardware is used for this server? Never saw a server display latency under 5 for non-LAN users.

8. Default

My vote is no. Kasper actually told me about him and I watched him in some other demos. He's clean.

His hops aren't consistent. And in spacetower I do what he does. Jump off the ramp and gain a lot of speed. It's cheap, but hey, if you can bhop...bhop.

9. Default

A second no vote, scripting confirmed.

I'm not even watching these demos.

10. Default

I'm just gonna copy and paste what i said on Wabbit's thread because i feel lazy right now

I'm gonna have to vote no as well. After learning more about bhop and putting it to use in server i've noticed how much easier it is when you know how to do it correctly. I can get consistent hops but not quite as much as Monkey. But then again ive only been playing for 5 years

Perma Denied
    Unbanned
    Closed