Thread: FearFree -Preemptive Post

1. Default FearFree -Preemptive Post

Admin's INGAME name: FearFree
    You're INGAME name: FearFree
    Server: GunGame
    Map: gg_funtimes_alternate
    Date & Time: 5/20/16 20:30 Central Time

How did he/she abuse (See TOS):

This post is preemptive. While not senior admin, I initiated a vote asking the players if they wanted a drug all round. The vote passed, and at the start of the next round I performed a /drug @all. Decimate (who was senior admin at the time) accused me of admin abuse, and that I should know better. This all happened in public chat. I reminded him via admin chat that it was put to a vote, and the vote passed, and suggested if he had an issue with a fellow admin it would be more appropriate to address it in admin chat than in public chat. He continued to use public chat to tell me he would make a forum post about it, because I was way out of line for my actions.

I personally don't feel that I violated any of the TOS, however I would like the opinion of those higher ranking than myself, so that if I am in the wrong, I can correct the issue.

2. Default

Hahahhahaha 9/10 would read again.

3. Default

Just curious on how many ppl were in game when this happened?
    Never talk junk/shit to each other in normal chat. I talked to him so now he knows to use admin chat.
    Also it doesn't matter what vote you put it, 95% of the time it will pass.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    Just curious on how many ppl were in game when this happened?
    Never talk junk/shit to each other in normal chat. I talked to him so now he knows to use admin chat.
    Also it doesn't matter what vote you put it, 95% of the time it will pass.
    It was a full server, 20/21.

5. Default

Remember, typing in '!voteslay hippo' is never abuse

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FearFree View Post
    It was a full server, 20/21.
    In all honestly, I probably shouldn't say this but
    if it was 4am and 5 ppl were online I could understand but never when the server is full.

7. Default

Admin powers should be used sparingly, and for the benefit of the server as a whole. Not for your entertainment. It's always been one of the guiding principles of being an admin. It's the same for Slay @all, Burn @all, Slap @all, etc. that at many other times, admins have warned NOT to do.

In addition to that, it's extremely disrespectful to join a server and start admin-bombing the place when there are already other admins present.

I admit, it would've been better to warn you via admin chat. But as Money pointed out....i didnt know how...lol...been wondering that for months...asked after this though

8. Default

This is something I would do, not something you should do.

It was a vote that passed and only lasted one round. There is no need for anyone to fret. Avoid it in the future.

No abuse, closed.

9. Default

@hippo XD

10. Default

I was asked for clarification -- there is nothing wrong with an admin pointing out the rules to another admin, be sure to do so in private.

While what free did was wrong, it was not abuse. Don't do it again.