Thread: NEW Gungame Maps! by Souls

Default NEW Gungame Maps! by Souls

Hey, I posted in Introductions about this but I made some gungame maps once upon a time, 10 years ago, and maybe you guys like them too.

Anyway, check them out. At least a couple of them received pretty well when I was playing a decade ago, perhaps you guys might want to give them a try? I know I'd love to give them a play once more!

Here are the links.

6 maps: http://gamebanana.com/members/213424
    1 map: http://gamebanana.com/maps/34355 (It's like a gg_shotty remake)

Hope you like them! Either way, I just wanted to share with the community.

Cheers!

2. Default

Some nice maps, bit old though if i doo say so though.

Why not try to revamp them? if not i can do them if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuki View Post

Why not try to revamp them? if not i can do them if you want.
    Honestly, I wouldn't know where to even begin with the SDK. How would I open the maps back in the editor? Might be fun to look at them...

By all means if you want to take a whack at it, go ahead! I don't have the original map creator SDK file so I wouldn't know how to open it in the editor....

4. Default

Ah, is there any custom materials on the maps? if not then i can just decompile them and open them that way.

Nothing custom that I'm aware of. I used everything that was built in the SDK.

Keep me posted if you end up going through them! This just got me really excited! I might get back in to it for old times sake. I always had fun making these things.

Hey, if you ever get around to decompiling let me know! Or maybe if you don't mind helping me when you can, I tried to decompile my .bsp file but it won't work for me on Mac OSX. I couldn't find a method that would work for me. Maybe you can do it and forward me the files somehow? I'm not sure how that would even work either. Unless you know a way I can do this on Mac.

Cheers!

7. Default

Yeah i will pm you the file.