Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's going on?

1. Default What's going on?

Just looking for some official feedback from IBIS regarding the state of the CS:S servers lately. They have been becoming unplayable regularly the last week or so. It can be frustrating for folks like me who have limited play windows where the servers go down and we become unable to try to catch up with folks we enjoy playing with during them.

Is it that they are simply crashing because of something Valve did or an unknown error/cause or does some douchenozzle still have enough free time to launch DDoS attacks against the server IPs? I am really just curious. Also I would gladly volunteer some of my time and/or monetary resources to a resolution if it would help, I really enjoy hanging with peeps in GG.

My career is in IT so if it's some Internet tom foolery, bring me up to speed and I may be able to contribute.

Hopefully enough evidence can be compiled to land the cocksucker in jail.

Maybe then he can hone his cocksucking skills.

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone unaware, it is against the law.
    18 U.S. Code § 1030 (a5A)
    - 18 U.S. Code § 1030 (e8)

Not sure on the punishment, but I would hope it includes jail time.

ddos'ing is a federal offense with a maximum punishment of up to 10 years’ imprisonment, three years of supervised release and a fine of $250,000, plus restitution if appropriate.

Good.

5. Default

Last week it was a specialized attack on the gg server. It is much more complex than a ddos attack but has the same effect however by turning off the gg server during the attack the other servers are not effected. Also note that the vast majority of the attacks have been targeted at the gg server. Due to how this has been going on for months and the costs involved in such attacks it is likely they are coming from another gg server. In the past when new servers got launched people would ddos all their competitors to try to draw traffic into their server. However, activity like this has not been seen in years. Still we and the data center continue to hand over logs and back traces to the feds.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Due to how this has been going on for months and the costs involved in such attacks it is likely they are coming from another gg server. In the past when new servers got launched people would ddos all their competitors to try to draw traffic into their server.
    The thought crossed my mind but it's such a stupid fucking reason. I mean, you've gotta be a moron to DDoS in the first place but come on. I guess it's a better reason than some 11 year old shitting his pants because he killed too many times. Even so, DDoSing is low. Fuckin' pathetic.

Still we and the data center continue to hand over logs and back traces to the feds.
    Glad to hear it.

7. Default

Last week it was a specialized attack on the gg server. It is much more complex than a ddos attack but has the same effect however by turning off the gg server during the attack the other servers are not effected. Also note that the vast majority of the attacks have been targeted at the gg server. Due to how this has been going on for months and the costs involved in such attacks it is likely they are coming from another gg server. In the past when new servers got launched people would ddos all their competitors to try to draw traffic into their server. However, activity like this has not been seen in years. Still we and the data center continue to hand over logs and back traces to the feds.
    Wow ZERO, what a shame that it really is someone actively making life difficult. I wish there were more we could do to help. If you think of anything we can do please just say the word and thanks for the straight forward explanation.

People. Ugh.

8. Default

unfortunately it is only illegal if over 2000$ of financial losses occured....

thats gay tho fucking hakers

9. Angry

So we were attacked again 2 times yesterday and once today so far it seems to be when the server is full and its a real big fucking piss off if i find this testicle licker imma kick him in the nut oh and the time today is 02:34 am atlantic time

10. Default

Therefore, the solution is for the server to be full all the time and they will not know what to do with themselves...