Thread: AFK Challenge Idea

1. Default AFK Challenge Idea

We had an issue with three AFKer's this afternoon that no admin would kick.

They kept dying on Mines of Moria, and then sat on Spec on the other maps until the auto-balancer set them onto a team.

I'd be interested in setting up a script to allow people to challenge AFK players with a prompt that would kick them if they didn't respond. So, a player wishing to challenge would do a !afkchallenge (or whatever the command will be called). It'll prompt the person with a list much like the !votemute system. Instead of other's being asked to vote, it would only ask the person to respond Yes or No if they're AFK or not (like the !votemute menu).

If they don't respond with a minute or two, the person gets kicked by the server. Either response will allow them to stay, so a smart ass on Spec won't get kicked.

2. Default

or spend 11 bucks a month and you get that for free.

i even ask before i left if someone needed an admin, pm me.

3. Default

i hope you guys are playing in june-july.. i miss IBIS so much.. btw ur idea won't work.. cuz that'll be one big and rediculous script.. i don't even know where to begin.. mabe if zero implement votekick.. or kick if afk more then "set minutes" <<< that'll make alot more sense.. also the system.. that you mention will totally violate the reserve slot agreement.. (which says you can't be kicked) ...

your idea can massively be abused.. do you know annoying it would be if some guy got retarded and keep on spamming !afkchallenge

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weeman2412 View Post
    i hope you guys are playing in june-july.. i miss IBIS so much.. btw ur idea won't work.. cuz that'll be one big and rediculous script.. i don't even know where to begin.. mabe if zero implement votekick.. or kick if afk more then "set minutes" <<< that'll make alot more sense.. also the system.. that you mention will totally violate the reserve slot agreement.. (which says you can't be kicked) ...

your idea can massively be abused.. do you know annoying it would be if some guy got retarded and keep on spamming !afkchallenge
    As I said, it would use the same code as !votemute, except send the vote to a single person instead of everyone and kick the person instead of muting. How's that complicated? Two-three lines of code changed and not as "big and rediculous" as you think.

No one abuses !votemute because it has a limit to the number of times people can call it (on top of the anti-spam system running). Hence why I used it as an example.

If the targeted person isn't AFK, they'd only get pestered by a single pop-up. No one could abuse the system between the two anti-spam measures, but even if someone found a way everyone can !votemute them to stop (since you can't even type text when muted).

People with a reserved spot can still get in even after kicked for being AFK. There's a RESERVED SPOT for them, unless the server has 32 people signed up with admin or reserved but how often does that happen? So, no harm done.

Meanwhile their is no "set minutes" setting on the CS:S server to kick AFKers. Zero would need to install one of the numerous mods that takes up memory to keep tabs on user movement, kills, etc. So why install a mod when a single run-once script and some user invention can solve it?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    or spend 11 bucks a month and you get that for free.

i even ask before i left if someone needed an admin, pm me.
    How's it free if I spent $11?

Anyway, I'm suggesting a solution for when no admins are on.

6. Default

The votemute features a fucking failure and any attempt to do that with afk's would probably result in a massive server fuck up, there's just no substitute for a vigilant admin and the regular built in mute system of CS:S, which needs to be reenabled ASAP on the zmod server.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 06-02-2009 at 11:03 AM.

7. Default

Mal, I tried to have you add me but I think you just blocked me instead. I was going to tell you (since I'm on about 18 hours a day) that if there was any problems in the server you could PM me. But even so, I don't get why the afks are bad unless someone wants to get in. Otherwise, wait for them to get turned, knife them, then run like heck before the krakin kills you.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kavinsky View Post
    The votemute features a fucking failure and any attempt to do that with afk's would probably result in a massive server fuck up, there's just no substitute for a vigilant admin and the regular built in mute system of CS:S, which needs to be reenabled ASAP on the zmod server.
    I've never seen issues with !votemute. People get pissed when they don't get the votes they need sometimes, but that's majority rule for you.

I think the mute option in player list is an issue with ZombieMod itself. Zombie panic has the same problem.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mallissin View Post
    I've never seen issues with !votemute. People get pissed when they don't get the votes they need sometimes, but that's majority rule for you.

I think the mute option in player list is an issue with ZombieMod itself. Zombie panic has the same problem.
    The issue with votemute is it is impossible to mute anyone. It is just a big giant clusterfuck and it seems to be a waste, in my opinion.

10. Default

Votemute doesn't work dude. I've tried. Zero needs to get it working sometime.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.