Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Zombie Ranking system

1. Default New Zombie Ranking system

When trying to figure out how to implement a loyalty system and also do a complete overhaul of our ranking system I decided that the best solution would be to merge the two together and create a ranking system which rewards players for playing on the server but also for when their team wins. Below are some bullet points on the system:

• Point based, all player actions result in them gaining points. No action that a player takes while on the server causes them to lose points.
    • Decay based, each day the stats system will reduce everyone's points by X amount. This ensures that the top ranked players are also those who are currently playing the most.
    • Multiple ways to gain points and multiple rates of point gain.
    • Winning team gains points, points based on play time on winning team. (if you were zombie all round and zombies win you will get more points than a player who was a zombie later on in the round)
    • Losers still win points! Even if you end up on the losing team late in the game you will still be awarded a % of the points you would have received if you had won. (this makes it so players who almost win or are the last to lose still get rewarded for making it as far as they did)
    • Points for actions, things like tagging a human or killing a zombie instantly gives you some points.

I then plan to tie different loyalty rewards into the server based on how many points you currently have. These rewards would apply automatically based on how many points a player currently has. Example of things that could be unlocked:

Cosmetic:
    • Nade trails
    • Player trails
    • Fire nade explosion effect
    • Hats

Game Play:
    • Effectiveness of nades (how long your fire, time and light nades last)
    • Quantity of nades (how many nades you spawn with and can carry at once)

Overall my hope is that this ranking system will reward players who work together as a team and who play a lot on the server. Please leave comments on this system to let me know what you think.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    When trying to figure out how to implement a loyalty system and also do a complete overhaul of our ranking system I decided that the best solution would be to merge the two together and create a ranking system which rewards players for playing on the server but also for when their team wins. Below are some bullet points on the system:

• Point based, all player actions result in them gaining points. No action that a player takes while on the server causes them to lose points.
    • Decay based, each day the stats system will reduce everyone's points by X amount. This ensures that the top ranked players are also those who are currently playing the most.
    • Multiple ways to gain points and multiple rates of point gain.
    • Winning team gains points, points based on play time on winning team. (if you were zombie all round and zombies win you will get more points than a player who was a zombie later on in the round)
    • Losers still win points! Even if you end up on the losing team late in the game you will still be awarded a % of the points you would have received if you had won. (this makes it so players who almost win or are the last to lose still get rewarded for making it as far as they did)
    • Points for actions, things like tagging a human or killing a zombie instantly gives you some points.

I then plan to tie different loyalty rewards into the server based on how many points you currently have. These rewards would apply automatically based on how many points a player currently has. Example of things that could be unlocked:

Cosmetic:
    • Nade trails
    • Player trails
    • Fire nade explosion effect
    • Hats

Game Play:
    • Effectiveness of nades (how long your fire, time and light nades last)
    • Quantity of nades (how many nades you spawn with and can carry at once)

Overall my hope is that this ranking system will reward players who work together as a team and who play a lot on the server. Please leave comments on this system to let me know what you think.
    Not to mention the rewards only happen to people who actually play, Spectate or AFK will not be able to recieve the bonuses compared to those who try and tag.

As well as some rewards you lose if you do not play for a long time

3. Default

As far as the rewards go reserved slot and admins will get a base bonus so they unlock things at lower point values to ensure they basically always have access to some things.

4. Default

OK I finished the plugin to actually assign the points at round end. Players will always be awarded points for at least 50% of the round length even if they are on the losing team and even if they are dead. 1 point = 1 second of playtime.

I have programed this in such a way as to use the minimum overhead for the calculations using no timers and to minimize the log file size on the back end. I now need to reprogram the zombie stats page to work like how the gg and wcs server use point based ranking. I will then place the plugin on the server and we will start to generate the new ranking system. Later on I will add the decay system into the zombie mod ranks. I also might create a system of bonus points based on the cluster based ranking system I had designed previously.

5. Default

6. Default

Plugin is in the server and new rounds will start to generate the new log files for the stats system. Expect to see a test site later this week.

7. Default

The new ranking system is now live at: http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm2_stats/

It is currently in testing but everything appears working so far. Currently there is no decay during this testing phase. Ultimately, the ranking system on the server and other links ect will switch over to this.

8. Default

Be better to get tagged or kill myself as ct?

9. Default

Would not matter because win would go to the zombies. Therefore you would be awarded X where X is >= 50% round time.

Under the current system when the round ends players who are on the winning team will get points equal to the time they were on that team. So for humans it is from the point you spawned into the game. For zombies it is from the point you became a zombie or respawned as a zombie last to the point the round ends. You will never get points less than 50% of the length of the round which is timed from the round start trigger to the round end trigger.

10. Default

ok found a problem it appears to be splitting up the points randomly between the two different steam id values you can have. This explains why when I manually added up my points it was not the same as what was in my starts page.

But now that I add the two together it is correct:
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm2_stats/player.php?id=4
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/zm2_stats/player.php?id=62

The solution is clearly that I need remove usage of the old steam id format in logs and replace it with the current engine version. Yes this also means that when you search for ids your going to need to use the new type and that I will need to program additional conversion in the forums to cross integrate... why valve needed to change the ids, oh wait we know why it was purely to fuck with us.