Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bots on Zombie Mod?

1. Default Bots on Zombie Mod?

To give players something to do when they are trying to fill the server I am thinking of having bots for them to play against when the player count is low.

Basically until there is at least 10 humans there would always be at most 5 bots which would all become zombies each round. I am going to try to see if I can intercept the first zombie if it is a human so that no humans will be made a zombie in these cases at the start. When there is 6 humans there would only be 4 bots 7 3bots so that when there is 10 humans there is no bots. Note that at 6 humans a human can be a zombie in addition to all the bots becoming zombies.

I think this can be a way to help seed the server. What do you all think?
    Last edited by ZERO; 11-28-2016 at 04:35 PM.

2. Default

I think its a good idea because you cant just sit in there by yourself. Id play with bots until more ppl joined.
    Now if you did that, How would ranking work? Me killing zombie bots, do I still rank up or only again human players?

3. Default

You would still rank up, which would also help encourage players to seed.

4. Default

hell yea, id say start that asap.

- - - Updated - - -

hell half the kids wouldn't even know its bots lol

5. Default

Ok I have confirmed that it is possible to intercept the command that creates the first zombie so I can redirect it to the bots. Now we need to prioritize getting the maps cleaned up and identified for their various player counts. As we logically we already know the bots simply are going to be borked on a lot of escape maps but they should be fine on the ones which are for smaller player counts. Same goes for the ZM maps.

6. Default

Can you put just a default number for the player count. Say like 15 for every map or something?

7. Default

Yea but then those maps would not enable until 15+. I can do that with most of them to save us some time but we should try to identify some good zm maps to be available even when seeding. I have already identified some but I am sure there is more we can get before rolling it out.

8. Default

Ill look up some good maps. You talking about ZM, No ZE???

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    Ill look up some good maps. You talking about ZM, No ZE???
    Well then again when the server is dead is usually reverts to a zm map so that would work out okay
    Last edited by Diesel; 12-05-2016 at 12:27 PM.

10. Default

Let me know when the server comes back alive..