Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bots on Zombie Mod?

1. Default

sorry, work was crazy busy last week it always gets crazy this time of year. I hope to be making some progress again this week. I really wanted to have the map update and bot mod done by Christmas.

2. Default

Ok the bot system is implemented and appears to be working. I have confirmed after testing.

3. Default

So i noticed and sort of expected there might be problems with zombie bots on escape maps. So I have a possible solution, if there is no zomibes within 500ft of you they will be teleported to your location every so often. This way if the zombies get stuck in part of they map we can have them sent forward as to make things more fun.

4. Default

OK i think the best approach is that on a lot of maps we may want to actually manually generate the nav files by hand and control exactly how the bots move around on them. For other maps the best option may be to program bot teleports that trigger off events in the map or after X time from round start to put the bots in places where they can "find" the humans.

5. Default

Sry Zero, Been away as well. Ill get to try this shit out this week tho. Hopefully its cool as it sounds

6. Default

Yea zombies do well on ZM maps but suck on ZE maps but still better than having none. Also I like the new Map list in the Admin Command Menu.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    OK i think the best approach is that on a lot of maps we may want to actually manually generate the nav files by hand and control exactly how the bots move around on them. For other maps the best option may be to program bot teleports that trigger off events in the map or after X time from round start to put the bots in places where they can "find" the humans.
    Cant wait to actually try this all out once i can get a new PC in place itll be a blast

8. Default

It turns out that the bots, due to the way they disconnect as players join cause infinite loops not to close properly and thus you can imagine how this turns out over time. After getting some multiple GB size error logs after observing poor ZM server performance when I was playing I found the issues on all the related plugins and patched them. Now the infinite loops have better error handling and will close out when they need to. I will also be on the look out for any other bot related errors that popup.