Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast zombies on escape maps

1. Default Fast zombies on escape maps

whyt made me come over here hahaha

So the thing I wanna address is, fast zombies. Now that whyt has pointed out we can't have a map rule of no fast zombies on zm_mines_of_moria. This is not the only map fast zombies have a far greater advantage on. Most escape maps are over way to quick cause of this class of zombies. Now there isn't anything wrong with it, its a great class but we should tone down the speed on speed zombies on some maps.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

2. Default

ITB = Monkey Arms

3. Default

i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

if you hit them... they will fly backwards...

get good and dont be nubs. geezus.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post
    i think, instead of crippling the fast zombie... cuz theyre fast... but have heavy knock back... you host zombie mod training courses... to teach people lessons such as...

shoot the zombie...

if you hit them... they will fly backwards...

get good and dont be nubs. geezus.
    yes fast zombies have more kickback, but they can strafe better to. which means they can dodge bullets better. most players don't know how to lead there shots, but I'm off for tonight. my buzz is kicking in.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    most players don't know how to lead there shots,
    Read "most zm players can't aim for shit"

6. Default

I believe zer0 said, if the admins beleive something is unfair, or to one sided, the admins can take a vote to ensure that no players are allow to use the spot or the thing players are complaining about.

He said something along the lines of that, within the forums...

So pretty much, if admins think that fast zombies are unfair on escape maps, admins have the rights to make them "illegal" to use. We can just freeze players who are fast zombies to make it more fair.

Whyt, you know that the fast zombies move to fast? There hitboxes are incredibly small and are hard to keep up with.

7. Default

theres a few other things, theres 3 teleports that completely bypass the cade in the hall of mines of moria that teleports them right into us even without fast zombies its almost impossible to win, and we'd have a far better chance on atix if the jumpers were disabled, so fast zombies are not really to blame on escape maps, poor design is.
    Last edited by Kavinsky; 05-09-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    Edit: Valve AND Zero would find a way to screw up a steel ball.

I have never seen any other server that used to be so much fun to play on just get so properly rammed into the ground by one person's lazyness, incompetence and inability to grasp how to properly run a server.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by THE HOLY SH**T! View Post
    I believe zer0 said, if the admins beleive something is unfair, or to one sided, the admins can take a vote to ensure that no players are allow to use the spot or the thing players are complaining about.

He said something along the lines of that, within the forums...

So pretty much, if admins think that fast zombies are unfair on escape maps, admins have the rights to make them "illegal" to use. We can just freeze players who are fast zombies to make it more fair.

Whyt, you know that the fast zombies move to fast? There hitboxes are incredibly small and are hard to keep up with.
    youre a moron. im not appose to any choices you make. im saying this... zero compinsated for the speed of the zombies... EACH ZOMBIE HAS PROS AND CONS.

you cant penalize a player for playing on our server and using the mod zero implimented. if zero decides to reduce the speed even more, then so be it. he has the power to control the speed. so instead of makign ur own rules on something he can manipulate, how about u adress the issue to him to correct it.

this is all im saying... ill repeat it again... zero has the power to control this... why not just tell him about this so he can lower the speed even more then he has, instead of just creating rules. maybe if u inform him, and he says "ok, i will slow them down, until then, dont allow the fast". or maybe even "ill slow it down, until then, bare with the speed".

ADRESS YOUR CONCERNS!!!!

9. Default

its really breath taking, and quiet shocking as to how ignorant and just playing stupid you children can be.

10. Default

I am going to be working on having a mod make the nades have a bigger blast radius on some maps along with more damage. This will result in the zombies being on fire easier and longer thus making them slower. Alternatively, I could try to develop a mod that turns flashes into stun nades or something and enable them only on escape maps. Such a nade would make zombies slower but would not do dammage and would be stackable.