Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zombie nav files [100% Complete]

1. Default Zombie nav files [100% Complete]

While bots do work on all the maps that have bots on them they often get stuck and do not work very well. The reason for this is due to problems with the navigation files on the maps not covering the entire map. This problem could be solved by creating fully custom navigation meshes for each map using the instructions here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...igation_Meshes

Below is a list of maps that have bots on them:

• ze_blackmesa_escape_final
    • ze_death_star_escape_v4_3_z
    • ze_electrical_factory_v1
    • ze_elevator_escape_jbg_final
    • ze_Flying_World_v1_2
    • ze_gods_wrath_v3_8b
    • ze_icecap_escape_v5
    • ze_Jurassic_Park_Story_v1 -your going to want a supercomputer to compile this...
    • ze_mirrors_edge_reborn_v4_2
    • ze_Parking_v2a
    • ze_rooftop_runaway2_v4
    • ze_showdown_v4_1
    • ze_shroomforest_v4_5
    • ze_shroomforest2_v1
    • ze_sky_athletic_v5_final
    • ze_surf_danger
    • ze_surf_easy_or_hard_new
    • ze_surf_facility_v3_pre2
    • ze_voodoo_islands_v8_cfix2
    • ze_atix_helicopter_fix
    • ze_sorrento_escape_v5_fix
    • ze_titanic_escape_v2_2
    • ze_undertunnel_escape_b3a
    • ze_ice_hold_b2
    • zm_420_beachstrike_b2
    • zm_desert_fortress_v2
    • zm_forgotten_town_ri
    • zm_holdout_mountain_fixed
    • ZM_Krusty_krab_a3
    • zm_tx_highschoolbeta7
    • zm_3_rooms_v3
    • zm_bridge_run_v1
    • zm_ocx_orly_v4
    • castle_redemption_rnk
    • zm_bumfight_v2
    • ZM_desprerados
    • zm_lila_panic_beach_2
    • zm_420_office_v5
    • ze_destruction_of_exorath_re3
    • ze_FFVII_temple_ancient_v3
    • ze_grand_boat_escape_v1_9
    • ze_hl2_escape_v3
    • ze_icecap_derp_unloze_v420
    • ze_infected_sewers_v6_2
    • ze_l0v0l_a7 -your going to want a supercomputer to compile this... (80+mb file over 25+min to compile any changes)
    • ze_rooftop_runaway1_v4
    • ze_temple_escape
    • zm_surf_born_1_2
    • ze_sandstorm_f -your going to want a supercomputer to compile this... (166+mb file over 50+min to compile any changes)
    • ze_bioshock_v6_2
    • ze_mountain_escape_v5_zf -(this one needs a lot of manual work, a fucking insane amount)

Complete nav mesh and bot assistant plugin support
    Complete nav mesh with advanced logic/manual bounding
    Complete nav mesh with advanced logic/manual bounding in progress
    Complete nav mesh
    nav mesh in progress
    needs complete nav mesh

A few of these maps might work 100% fine right now but the majority of these need to have custom meshes created for them. A lot of the ze maps have teleporters so it is not a huge problem trying to connect areas if the bots can not figure it out. Generally though if the nav areas are connected in 1 way it will force the bots to continue to advance and not go back the way they came. You can use this to corrall them into a teleporter. The issue is anything that a bot needs to press a button to trigger. For those areas the bots are not going to advance without being teleported. Most maps teleport players at particualr points so this is not an issue as the bots will be teleported into another area where we have a nav mesh and continue to advance. This is an issue on maps that do not have teleporters. So for those maps I need to know the name of the map, the location of where the bots get stuck and how long befroe they should be teleported past. Then I could create a mod that creates and AOE trigger at these map locations to teleport the bots past after X time so they can still progress across the map.

If anyone wants to work on creating custom nav meshes for any of these maps it would be a huge help and time saver. To test the meshes you can easily create a local game on your system with bots on the map, just set them to knife only and try to have them follow you. The bots can not leave the area defined in the nav mesh so you can easily see if something is missing or not connected.

**********************************HOW TO*********************************

Simply create a server deticated or inagme so you can load up the map. If this is your first time loading the map enter bot_quota 1 so it will generate a nav mesh to start with. Then just join spectate and it is time to start making the mesh bigger.

You need the following commands:
    sv_cheats 1 -allows you to edit the mesh
    nav_edit 1 -enable editing
    nav_mark_walkable -this marks an area the bot can walk on, you should bind this to something
    nav_build_ladder -just pint at ladder and run this command to make a ladder, you should bind this to something
    nav_generate_incremental -this will generate the new mesh, you should bind this to something. If you have used nav_build_ladder but not nav_mark_walkable this command will not run. So just use nav_mark_walkable somewhere so it will run if your only adding ladders.
    nav_select_invalid_areas -this clears your selection of the newly added mesh areas after running nav_generate_incremental, you should bind this to something.

After running nav_generate_incremental it can take a LONG time to process and is dependent on your computers speed. You game may say it is timing out, this is normal do not try to exit the program just keep it running and it will finish eventually. After running nav_select_invalid_areas after nav_generate_incremental runs you should consider the nav file completed in its current forum. You can backup this file ect at this time without exiting the game. BTW the files are located in "Steam\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Source\cstrike\maps"

You can test your finished nav file with a bot. Yea they are still going to be glitchy. It is important that the areas are connected, you will see the number of connections when your in the edit mode. IF an area has no connections there is no way to get out of it. It is possible to make 1 way connections to fine tune things like elevators and teleport things or to force a bot to continue to advance. Please reference the valve command guide for how to do this.
    Last edited by ZERO; 04-21-2017 at 11:28 AM.

2. Default

Oh if you do decide to start working on a given nav mesh please post in here and I will mark your name next to it so that multiple people do not try to work on the same nav at the same time. I also plan to start working on one this week.

Let me just say ...

[RADIO] I'm pinned down
    [RADIO] I'm pinned down here
    [RADIO] I'm pinned down
    [RADIO] Help I'm pinned down

4. Default

Ok I have gotten 1 map finished, I have also posted a guide for how to do this the easy way. Also the completed mesh has been updated on the server.

5. Default

There will be times you are adding areas and they do not get processed. You may need to build the are more slowly for it to work. Sometimes this might mean needing to declare just 1 walkable area at a time when processing to force it to accept the change. This is useful for trying to declare roofs and other areas it does not want to accept.

6. Default

wow my laptop can not take the complex maps like voodoo it takes like 15-20min to compile each change and you got to do that for like every single room and individually for the top of every box ect. You do not think of this as a large map but it is not so much about how big the map is but more like how many things like boxes there are to jump on and how complex the areas of the map are. Hopefully my big computer can compile faster so I can still finish this one today.

7. Default

Rip voodoo

8. Default

Note that bots are still going to be glitchy on some of these maps without manual optimizations and application of manual logic for how to jump between some locations and even a plugin to just teleport them further up or past some things.

With that said the ability for the bots to actually try to get to you should create a real challenge on these maps once they have a full nav mesh and should make playing on an empty server a lot more fun.

9. Default

Id love to help however i lack both the knowledge of computers and well a decent computer

10. Default

It took all day yesterday and this morning to get 2 more maps done... but there has been a lot of progress. I want to get them all done asap so that it will be easier for people to seed the server.