Thread: Found some keys, Maybe Saftey Deposit?

1. Default Found some keys, Maybe Saftey Deposit?

So I was going through some of my late grandfathers stuff I have and found these interesting keys. I went to the local bank where he had an account when he was alive and they had no idea what they were too. They said they looked like a safety deposit key or locker key. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Also, fuck u swagbot, stop making fucking sense... I hate agreeing with you.

2. Default

Maybe they are keys to a box he has at the credit union on the keychain?

3. Default

the credit union doesn't exist anymore in a sense. they were absorbed by General Dynamics own CU I think.

4. Default

Those look like Best keys, could go to anything requiring a solid locking mechanism. It is also worth noting that the keys are not identical, but probably belong to the same facility. What did he do for a living?

- - - Updated - - -

7-pin Best keys

5. Default

Could belong to the old Hughes aircraft facility or GD, but I highly doubt they are safety deposit box keys judging by the shoulders and notches. Deposit box keys usually have squared shoulders and notches. They look like they're older keys used for storefront doors or safety doors like an aircraft facility might use.

6. Default

They look like government keys. I've had almost identical ones for various old buildings and barracks that i've lived in on military installations.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SCRIBBLE View Post
    Could belong to the old Hughes aircraft facility or GD, but I highly doubt they are safety deposit box keys judging by the shoulders and notches. Deposit box keys usually have squared shoulders and notches. They look like they're older keys used for storefront doors or safety doors like an aircraft facility might use.
    His official job was lead electrical engineer and worked on numerous military contracts for hughes/GD. He was one of the few people who designed the Maverick and a few other explodey things.

Just checked and one of the keys does say BEST right below the keyring hole.

They look like government keys. I've had almost identical ones for various old buildings and barracks that i've lived in on military installations.
    That's what my mom thought they were. She remembers him having them on his car keychain when he was working in there the 1980s.
    Last edited by swagbot 9k; 03-04-2017 at 02:43 AM. Reason: got my explodey things mixed up

8. Default

Have you called Nickolis Cage?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by swagbot 9k View Post
    His official job was lead electrical engineer and worked on numerous military contracts for hughes/GD. He was one of the few people who designed the Maverick and a few other explodey things.

Just checked and one of the keys does say BEST right below the keyring hole.

That's what my mom thought they were. She remembers him having them on his car keychain when he was working in there the 1980s.
    Mystery (likely) solved. I can almost guarantee those keys will no longer open any door as they belonged to big safety doors which change locks frequently, and he kept them on there for posterity's sake. Hold on to them as a memory of who he was and what he did, I think that's what he would have liked. My grandfathers were the same way

10. Default

Fosho^ I keep them with some other keys I keep, I have his old chevy keys too.