Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Skins on GunGame are distracting

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I am going to be adding custom weapon skins for admins as well. The last few weeks at work have been crazy busy upgrading all the servers. I will likely be releasing updates next month when I have time to work on them.
    Don't do it, changing the gun skin will make me miss lol

I am going to be adding custom weapon skins for admins as well. The last few weeks at work have been crazy busy upgrading all the servers. I will likely be releasing updates next month when I have time to work on them.
    Don't do it, if you do people will bitch about there being no reg and excessive team killing will flood the server. Their excuse will be because of the new skins and overload of plugins and add-on to the server.

3. Default

I think we should add in a point system where every kill you get points and you also get points for time spent on the server, add in a store for regulars to purchase custom skins, gun skins, things like hats and skins, then have the coolest ones reserved for admins to incentivize people to buy.

4. Default

I know the one for T is often confused and I plan to remove that one. But what one on the CT is causing an issue?
    Hey Zero, thanks for all the work you do on the servers / enhance gameplay. As a guy who works in the gaming industry, I appreciate that your servers are not clouded with junk (even on older games like CS:S). I enjoy playing on the GG server.

My comments with the distracting skin was the T skin you mentioned you're getting rid of (black where, from further away, appears as a CT). The only reason I say that is because I have, more than enough times, accidentally shot the admin who was wearing that skin. On a percentage basis, I would say that it happens more often than an accidental TK of a team mate with a standard skin. That was my main skin issue really.

I guess rawr is right though... I could just very well be stupid. But nonetheless, I thought it was something worth bringing up.

Thanks for addressing it. Much appreciated!

5. Default

There is an easy solution to this. Admins just change a single server variable

sv_allowminmodels 0
    to:
    sv_allowminmodels 1

This allows players to use cl_minmodels 1 to force their client to use a single model for each team. Win-win. Admins still get their custom skins for most players to see. Players who know what they're doing (they know how to recognize admins anyways) can disable the custom skins if they prefer.

For the record, I strongly dislike custom skins. Kasp3r and rawrr are right, you can tell teams apart by the models. But when I play this game I just want to sit back and relax and shoot at models I instinctively recognize. Hesitating even an instant to decide what team a new (to me) model is on can make or break a round.

6. Default

Honestly I like elkcloner's fix to this, seems like a good solution to me.

7. Default

Elky is #1. RT to that last paragraph

8. Default

Easy fix, Just kill everyone

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    Don't do it, changing the gun skin will make me miss lol
    More than usual?

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ElkCloner View Post
    There is an easy solution to this. Admins just change a single server variable

sv_allowminmodels 0
    to:
    sv_allowminmodels 1

This allows players to use cl_minmodels 1 to force their client to use a single model for each team. Win-win. Admins still get their custom skins for most players to see. Players who know what they're doing (they know how to recognize admins anyways) can disable the custom skins if they prefer.

For the record, I strongly dislike custom skins. Kasp3r and rawrr are right, you can tell teams apart by the models. But when I play this game I just want to sit back and relax and shoot at models I instinctively recognize. Hesitating even an instant to decide what team a new (to me) model is on can make or break a round.
    Oh, nice suggestion. sv_allowminmodels 1 will enable on next restart.