Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GG Skins Still an Issue?

1. Default GG Skins Still an Issue?

So I wanted to follow up on this. Is there still a big problem or did the console switch do the trick for the people that had issue?

Would it help if I also made the terrorist skin colored red or something?

Lastly, I will start working this month on getting some custom admin weapons added into the server as well so be on the lookout for those as well.

2. Default

i wanna make love to the pink admin ct skin
    -Love, Tiggerzzz
    Im out to go play with my self!

3. Default

I havent heard any real complaints. so i'd say so far so good

4. Default

Yes, the admin skins are ABSOLUTELY an issue. There should be NO skins that make a T look ANYTHING like a CT. That shit is fucking bullshit and I know of at least one admin who abuses it constantly.

I literally watched two different players tonight RUN PAST SAID ADMIN REPEATEDLY without even realizing he was a T, racking up free kills.

Remove the skins that make it difficult or even remotely challenging to tell a damn T from a damn CT please.

Edit: Yes I'm salty and yes ultimately most players probably won't give a shit but cmon, should I be getting killed a T across the map because he looks like a CT and I choose not to fire?

5. Default

There is a new command to disable skins for you client side. sv_allowminmodels 1 Problem solved

People don't know about this new command so they still complain

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rawrr View Post
    There is a new command to disable skins for you client side. sv_allowminmodels 1 Problem solved

People don't know about this new command so they still complain
    Definitely wasn't aware as I've never seen this published anywhere, thanks for the tip. I still think the terrorist skins that make terrorists look like counter-terrorists are bullshit though. Free, easy kills when mouth breathers are playing and anyone who doesn't know about the command above is at a distinct disadvantage imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#tlivesmatter <3

8. Default

Should probably advertise the new command to avoid tantrums like temps

9. Default

Side note, the command is cl_minmodels 1, found it in the other thread about this problem... err I mean not problem, since there are two threads and five pages devoted to it now.

10. Default

lol @temp I use cl_minmodels 1 everytime I die because skins