Thread: Problems with steam messages

1. Default Problems with steam messages

Does anyone know how to easily view old messages? The problem is that people sometimes message me on steam when I am away from the house and my computer is running. Normally this would not be an issue but the computer and or steam crashes multiple times a day and I thus lose these messages. For example I saw I message from someone about the zombie server but my computer crashed before I could reply

As I am not able to find a way to view messages which were sent before a crash I can not reply to them.

My suggestion to others is if you want to contact me about something important or want to ensure you will get a reply please message me on the forums or possibly discord.

Yeah, I don't think there is a way unless you log on via mobile device. Other than that, discord or forum would be the best way to communicate and relay important messages.

3. Default

Wish it was old school msn messenger. Could chose whether or not you wanted to save them. Mobile app seems to be your best bet though

4. Default

yeah the only want to view old messages I know of is if you log into steam mobile and have it able to be refreshed in the background or running etc.. so that away it catches the messages. Other then that I don't think there is a way .
    Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    you all are a bunch oh whiny little bitches..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    0.o.....dem sum fightin wurdz LOL

I am really scared.....You sending Fiona after me? LOL

5. Default

Make a script that copies and pastes new messages into a time-stamped .txt file. Seems possible, but the mobile thing works too.